SkyWest

EMB120FO

Total Time
Interview Info

I just talked to our head of hiring, and she said there won't be any interviews for a couple of months. They still have a pretty big pool of pilots that have already been offered jobs. Keep in mind, things do change from day to day. She did say that they will only be interviewing people that attended the open-houses until that pool runs dry. Thats all I know. :)

FlyboyPhil

Total Time
ATTN:Andy Neill

Andy, wondering if skywest still sends the confirmation email regarding online updates? I completed one 3-4 weeks ago and got no confirmation.. filled out the online form yesterday to be safe.. and nothing.. don't want to bust the "once per 90" policy.. but want to know my new times are in the system. Thanks for the info in advance.. hope to see you this fall some time, Philip Nell

broth9640

Total Time
7000+
I have also experienced the same thing. I just moved and have new contact info so I updated my online resume. I also emailed it to C. Ence. I recieved nothing confirming my updated info.

Andy Neill

Total Time
It was my understanding that confirmations went out for initial submissions only and not for updates. Camielle would be a better source for that info than me.

obadie

Total Time
Interviews

A little birdy told me interviews should start up again in AUG. That could change by the time I finished with this post.

barondriver

Dawn Patrol Dawg Again
Total Time
Nope. SLC, FAT, SBP, MRY, SBA, SAN, PSP, PDX, SMF, and I think Yuma is still a crew dom.

EMB120FO

Total Time
SKW Domiciles

Yuma no longer exists as a base, and Dallas has not unfolded yet. P.S. Don't forget our Denver base.

Cornelius

Where's Pancakes House
Total Time
EMB120FO, are you based out of DEN. I was just wondering cuz I was surprised to see you guys flying into Casper, WY. Usually there is an Skywest RJ overnighting during my 2 day trips up in that neck of the woods.

Andy Neill

Total Time
DEN and SLC based Brasilia crews fly out of DEN to RAP, GJT, DRO, and MTJ.

SLC and FAT based CRJ crews fly out of DEN to FAT, MSO, and MEM.

The Casper CRJ is out of SLC.

Total Time
SkyWest groundschools?

Andy-
I heard from a SkyWest employee today that there might not be any newhire classes for quite awhile, possibly not any for the rest of this year. He told me to take it with a grain of salt though because he wasn't sure how valid his info was. He said that SkyWest is pretty fat right now on FO's.

I figured if any one would know you would. Is this the word going around or is it nothing more than a bad rumor? Has there been any talk lately concerning the proposed July groundschool? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Andy Neill

Total Time
The July groundschool HAS been cancelled. I have no reason to believe the rest of the classes for the year will be. I think we are at an ideal level for Brasilia FO reserves. With that balanced against the CRJ deliveries and aircraft turn ins for the rest of the year, I cannot imagine that we could do it all with the pilots we have on hand.

The Bombardier strike put CRJ deliveries to SkyWest back so that, at one point, we will have 6 fewer than we had anticipated and will have 3 fewer at the end of the year. THAT is why training in the summer has been slowed/cancelled. We will definitely need to pick up the pace for the rest of the year once we get going again.

The next SCHEDULED newhire class is August 12th. Don't quit your day job till you hear from us.