Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichO

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

When will Skywest invite people who don't know anyone at Skywest to their open houses? Is this the only place their hiring, or are they still looking at the resumes on Skywestpilot.com?

Now I don't know this for sure, but I hear those who attend the fairs will be given priority for interviews (assuming they pass the writtens). After all that are invited are interviewed then I believe the ones who apply on-line would possibly be called. Who knows though.

From the look of the L.A. open house yesterday it may be awhile before they have an "open" open house. I was talking to a Skywest gal on the bus to the airport and she said they logged in around 250 applicants! With the results from SLC, that's around 450 or so people with PDX open house still to go. Just for clarification I don't look for SKywest and these numbers are purely speculation from a Skywest hopefull. Wish I had better news for ya.

450 pilot applicants or just 450 people were there? I know the fair was for positions other than pilots too. BTW how ya doing Tyler? They still treating you good over there?

Another SkyWest hopeful

Twotter76

1. Well as I understood it, the number was in reference to pilots. However if that number included everybody I'd say there were still, at the very least, close to 200 suits in LAX.

2. Doing pretty good, yourself?

3. Yes.

skywest interview

In reply to Skywest open house Q's,

I was at the Skywest fair in LAX yesterday. There must of been at least 300 to 400 people total. Combine that number to the SLC fair, and whatever the PDX one brings and you're looking at about 1000 applicants in all. They placed great emphasis on their on line resume system and encouraged everyone to update regulary. If you took the written yesterday or before in SLC, then they would score that with the resume online and proceed from there. The only way you could take that test is at the fair, and ONLY if you met the minimums of 1000/100/100, and had the intro letter. They are possibly going to hire as much as 200 pilots this year, and next many more. But the competition is extremely fierce. I think I got the impression that if you passed the writtens with a score of 70% or better you were guaranteed an interview to do the sim, and one on one. But I vaguely remember Capt. Healy saying that the highest scores would be called first. That being said made me want to wait until next week to take the test and try to get a 100%. He also said that in this economic climate "You're going to have to work hard to get this job". He went on to say that they had certain criteria that they use to score and invite people to the interview. For example, a guy with 5000 hours Sic Part 135 may get less priority then the guy with 2000 hours flying solo freight. Then of course it comes down to personality in the interview. Bottom line, a lot of work ahead for all of us, but the job pays well after year one and is worth the effort. Hope this info helps.

Your friend,

Av8ter

Latest resources

Back