skywest vs. air wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ubpilot

Between Air Wisconsin and SkyWest, which one is a better company to work for? My number one concern is stability of the airline in the near future, second concern will be the time to hold a line, since the pay is similar.

I'd go with SkyWest. They've got a bit more money in the bank and are bigger. They also have 2 partners and there are always rumors of another one coming. People are nice to work with. Per Diem is 20 cents per hour better.... probably comes out to 70 dollars per month. Better chance of a faster upgrade. Fly more places / variety is the spice of life. Don't forget to consider where you want to be based...

Last edited:
I would choose the one that has a base closest to you &
of course only one of them is currently hiring

Steveair said:
I'd go with SkyWest. They've got a bit more money in the bank and are bigger. They also have 2 partners and there are always rumors of another one coming. People are nice to work with. Per Diem is 20 cents per hour better.... probably comes out to 70 dollars per month. Better chance of a faster upgrade. Fly more places / variety is the spice of life. Don't forget to consider where you want to be based...

Some very good points. But tell me so we can compare, how much money does Air Wisconsin have in the bank?

Is SkyWest hiring?

Thanks,

S.

Beechnut,

No one can know for sure how much Whiskey has in the bank since they are privately owned. However, they were running fee for departure for UAL with fewer planes than SkyWest. Consequently, I would deduce that SkyW has more cash. Just my thought.

Steveair said:
Beechnut,

No one can know for sure how much Whiskey has in the bank since they are privately owned. However, they were running fee for departure for UAL with fewer planes than SkyWest. Consequently, I would deduce that SkyW has more cash. Just my thought.

Never underestimate the Whisky Amigos...

Steveair said:
Beechnut,

Of course AWAC ownes 9% of USairways. How much does Skywest own of a major carrier? Skywest probably has more cash due to AWAC spending 125 million of it's own on USairways. But I don't think one's decision should be made on who has more cash anyway.

Good points above... Two more IMHO,

1. SKW is known for their relatively good MNGT/Labor relations but they now have an in-house whipsaw with ASA and have no union to force mngt to honor their agreements. This will be used against both companies(SKW & ASA). Also, how will a possible ASA strike affect SKW in the coming year?

2. Delta Mainline is in rough waters and if the scope stuff isn't hammered out that may impact ASA and thus SKW.

Latest resources

Back