• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been in the pool since September. I had to turn the October class down due to 9/11 related military events. I have also heard from "inside sources" that the classes that are supposed to be in January are EMB classes as no new hires are being allowed into the RJ for the near future. (I was offered the RJ and accepted it...only to be told that I would have to wait at least 8 months now) I am assuming that I will be in the January 2 class, but I can't get the powers that be to return my emails about the class. Anyway, good luck to everyone in the pool. I hope to meet some of you in January (fingers crossed). Keep the info flowing on this board since it is our only source of info now that the newhire board is down.

So, it sounds like there are still a number of poolies. Is this true or are they just bearly ahead of the Ground Schools?

Also a poolie

Tanker,
I interviewed on Sept. 11th of all days. If that's after you did, you will be in the Jan 2nd class. I got confirmation through the higher ups and I am just going to make it according to my poolie number. Looking forward to it would be an understatement.

Anyone else in the pool let us know who and where you are and what number(if you know).

Steve
Irvine, CA

I interviewed on August 25th....nobobdy has gotten to me about the class. Who let you know??

The new hire classes will be both Brasilia. The RJ classes are pretty much full till spring with guys moving from Brasilia to RJ. Your upgrade time is 1000 hours. Date wise it would be a little tricky to say. For example. If you were to go to Denver (which there are 6 guys from this last class that will be done with sim by Jan 1st, they will hold a line right off) If you go to Santa Barbra then you will be on reserve for ever and would take you 10 years to get your time. The curve to this all is that we are some where down to 60 Brasilias in the system. 9/11 sped things up. The latest rumor is we will be all jet in about 6 years. About the time St George gets there longer runway to accomadate the RJ. The seat lock is for one year. But this is an odd company, because there are guys in PDX that will stay EMB till they are forced to go to RJ. Which could be 2 or three years. There are others that want the jet as soon as they get to ground school. So what I mean is you could get the Jet at your one year mark or it may be longer. Keep in mind all this info is subject to change. At SkyWest things are changing every moment.
PS know your limitations before you get to class.

Skywest Denver Base

I will be joining the 27 Mar class. Could anyone at SkyWest tell me if Denver is a junior base? What is the chance of a newhire getting it? Also, Will the Brasilias be there for a while or will they be replaced by CRJs?

Thanks.

fredgalaxy

I know a someone who was in the Oct 2001 class and got Denver. Apparently a line and not reserve. Who knows now with a couple of classes since oct

fredgalaxy,

The junior guy at DEN is near the bottom of the Oct 2001 class. We have had only one class since then. I do not anticipate this class getting any DEN domicile awards.

I don't know how long our Brasilias will be in DEN. They are now going to only 4 cities from there. DEN will be the focus of our expansion this year for CRJs. We are resuming the DEN-MSO route and will adding more in the coming months.

Thanks very much for the info, Andy. Do you have a feel for what domiciles are most likely to host the latest batch of newbies?

fredgalaxy

My crystal ball says:

FAT 18
PSP 3
MRY 3

The most likely error will be my exclusion of any SLC awards. Looking at the numbers around the system, I couldn't see any new guys being assigned there but I will likely have to take a big hit there.

Latest resources

Back