SkyWest Ground School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Chico

WHEW!!! The water in the pool was starting to get COLD.

I was wondering if anyone that had been to ground school at SkyWest recently had any recommendations as to what one might bring to Salt Lake City? Also I plan on flying some Sim time to bone-up my instrument skills, any recommendation on a particular machine?

Thanks in advance . . .Just drying off -Chico

Springtime in SLC can be ver pleasant but be ready for some cold and possibly snow as well.

Get as much time in a Flight Safety E-120 sim as you can...only run you a few hundred an hour. Seriously tho, whatever it takes to have SHARP instrument skills, even if it's just on your computer. Biggest problem is people who come from slower birds and haven't flown IMC much. They're behind the whole way and the Brazillia is too fast to get caught up when the wheels start coming off.

If you know anyone at the company who can give you a heads up on the flows and profiles, that will get you a step up as well.

cya

Congrats on Class..

I was a previous poolie for 9 months. I went to class in August, and have been on the line since October. From what I remember, know the limitations... all of them by the time you go to class. Also have all the memory items memorized... There is a quiz on the first or second day of all the limitations. They provide you with all the necessary info, so you really just need to bring a bag large enough to carry it all. Just bring what they tell you to.. ie drivers/pilot certs, medical, etc for paperwork issues. Black tie and white shirt for the mug shot.

Get started early on flows. Get them down cold by the end of ground school, and the sim will be a lot easier. Also be real familiar with the QRH. It will save you in the sim when you are trying to fix a problem... not having to thumb page by page looking for the correct procedure.

Study like you have never studied before... there is lots of homework, and reading each night. I used the weekends to catch up if I got behind, and to practice flows with my sim partner.
I studied about 4-5 hours every night after class... I think I studied more in three weeks than I did in an entire 4 years of college :)

The Brasillia is an awesome airplane to fly. I have had a total blast! You will really enjoy it.

Good luck.

If you have any more questions, shoot me a message.

wait 'till you fly the rj....
leaves those pesky brasilia's in the dust! :D
-best of luck, -sr.

Thanks for the replies. I am very happy to be starting with a company full of people that are so willing to help. You may see more questions from me, as they come up. -Chico

EMB120FO....

you're right. the crj is easier to fly. so much so that
i can wave with both hands as i pass you on
the downwind! :p -sr.

Boys, boys, boys . . .

Under 10,000' we all go the same speed... ;)

And we're all just happy to have jobs flying AN airplane, RIGHT?!?!?

(Coming from a pilot on furlough)

Hey,
Congrats, beenoutta the Bazillia for awhile, in the CRJ, SKYW style.
Take your pilot kit, headset ect. Enough clothes for the week.
There is a laundromat at the hotel, you may not get to go home if the schedules are tight. Make flashcards for limitations and flows. Learn the systems as they teach them, don't build the plane, it's a waste of time.
Study the flows untill your eyes bleed, know the S.O.P.cold, read the Q.R.H. whenever you have a spare moment. Do these things grasshopper and you will have fun in the sim sessions
:p
otherwise enjoy
eric

Latest resources

Back