• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest getting Sued!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you sure about that? I don't think Mesa flies CL-65s into ROA.
I searched the NTSB database but couldn't find anything at all.

It was a Mesa ERJ crew in October of last year. It took me about two seconds to find this in the NTSB database.

In the future, please make sure you have your facts straight before making false accusations about us or anyone else for that matter. As a forum moderator, I would expect a higher degree of professionalism from you.

Blueridge

ROA incident

I remember the discussion from the old board. Mesa did operate that RJ. It happened last fall. Don't remember exactly which equipment; Mesa operates CLs and Jungle Jets, don't they?

"TimSIP" has the facts right. I recall something about shear having something to do with it.

Last edited:
To SkyPine27-

Sir-

With no other way to contact you as your email address is blocked and you're not online at this time, I am forced to post this here.

There is a pilot at SkyWest with a VERY similiar last name to your Callsign. As a SkyWest Pilot yourself, it would be very appropriate to your fellow pilot's privacy, character and integrity with SkyWest for you to use a different Callsign.

-Thank you in advance

O' Come on,
Someone out there knows somthing more about this. Spill the beans Sky Westers!

Crowd chants "PULL THE TAPES, PULL THE TAPES!"

It had to do with flying an aircraft that was damaged by a hail storm in DEN and lying about it. As always, theres more to the story than that, but thats the story I heard circulating.

sorry russ.... almost. i've heard 20 different versions of this story, but this is what i've been able to discern....

the "hail incident" invovled a skywest RJ that was overnighting in omaha. a hailstorm had blown thru during the night, damaging aircraft out on the tarmac. when the FO did the walkaround, he noted that there was in fact hail damage to the aircraft. when he told the 'harrased' this, she countered by stating the aircraft had previous hail damage and was signed off by maintance as within limits. they took off back to SLC. when they arrived, i heard the mechanics who saw the plane had a seizure. it had more than a 'little' damage done to it..... to the tune of $1.5 million worth of damage. when questioned about it, she lied and said they encountered hail inflight. mechanics are not stupid. they know what hail damage inflight vs. on the ground looks like. she finally fessed up to the lie.... and was demoted to FO.

i think the lapse in judgement was bad, but what really chapped the company's ass was the fact she lied about it. do you think you would have kept your job had you pulled a stunt like that? i'm guessing not. IMHO i think the company was more than fair in demoting her and not booting her outright. i don't think her skill as a pilot is being called into question, it was her judgement and her actions. BTW... the FAA has a pending enforcement action against her for this incident as well. -sr.

Mesa incident

It was N825MJ.I saw it flying last week.Gary G. told me it took ten days to fix.It is also Mesa's first ERJ.

Blueridge said:
It was a Mesa ERJ crew in October of last year. It took me about two seconds to find this in the NTSB database.

Well, Blueridge, thanks for the correction. As stated, I couldn't find any airline incidents at ROA, it only turned up GA. And yes, I searched the same database you did. Could you give me the date... I'd like to read it.

In the future, please make sure you have your facts straight before making false accusations about us or anyone else for that matter. As a forum moderator, I would expect a higher degree of professionalism from you.
Blueridge

Look, I may VOLUNTEER my time to help moderate this board, but that by no means makes me perfect or an expert of all aspects in aviation. I did not slam your company and I did not accuse. I only stated my (incorrect) knowledge of an actual incident.
If being wrong from time to time affects one's "degree of professionalism", than I guess there are no true professionals out there. I think it would do us all good to be a little thicker skinned and not take things so personally.

Latest resources

Back