Skywest bases for new hires.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

swaforme

What are the current junior bases for new hires and how long could one expect before getting something out West?

What are the current junior bases for new hires and how long could one expect before getting something out West?

Youuusooofunee!
Enjoy MSP, West is pretty senior unless you like RES and then expect TDY to MSP 5 days at a pop.

If you can get on the Bro, the LAX, FAT, SBP, SFO, PSP look pretty good. PDX may not be too much of a wait. Otherwise DEN, and SLC are the farthest west you're gonna get. Don't let that stop you. I predict movement will pick up very shortly.

If you can get on the Bro, the LAX, FAT, SBP, SFO, PSP look pretty good. PDX may not be too much of a wait. Otherwise DEN, and SLC are the farthest west you're gonna get. Don't let that stop you. I predict movement will pick up very shortly.
EMB120 going to the desert(and staying) announcement imminent. Skywest has 40 EMBJets coming for UAL and who knows how many for the rest of the portfolio. If the staff like they do now it's 5 crews per airframe, might even be more. That's 10 pilots per plane, if they are taking one plane per month the training dept is slammed, add Klens planned attrition of 20 per month, leaves the training dept on the rev limiter, for the next 2 years minimum. If attrition increases or anything else comes along, chaos will reign. Remember transitions and upgrades remove pilots from the line for a minimum of 6-8 weeks. My prediction: SKYW will make this a very interesting couple of years if they can get the process on line and schedule efficiently(oh boy). My bet is all new hires will go into the EMBJet, minimizes the training footprint staffing wise. It also allows the company to pimp SJS newhires(assuming they can find any) to the ORD grist mill. New airframe and Junior Captains, will be interesting for sure!

Last edited:
Newhitrs are not approved to go to the E175 yet... Best guess for that to happen is next year... Maybe late fall...

How senior/junior is PHX? I'm just curious how much longevity one has to have for junior captain and junior fo at OO?

How senior/junior is PHX? I'm just curious how much longevity one has to have for junior captain and junior fo at OO?

Jr CA in PHX hired 7/06
Jr FO in PHX hired 4/12

who knows how it'll go in the future

Latest resources

Back