• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

SKYW wants to buy another airline?

yahooair

Total Time
heard today, SKYW wants to buy another airline..wonder if they will go for another regional or maybe a company with bigger airplanes. How is the Brazilian airline they bought into doing? Tripp i think its called..does owning shares in a airline in south america help stock prices of skywest?

Terantious

Total Time
3500+
heard today, SKYW wants to buy another airline..wonder if they will go for another regional or maybe a company with bigger airplanes. How is the Brazilian airline they bought into doing? Tripp i think its called..does owning shares in a airline in south america help stock prices of skywest?
Source?

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+
Its suppose to be Mesa. The deal fell through afew months ago but talks are underway again.

the palm

Total Time
Of course they want to buy another airline. They want to own all the regional feed in the country so they can start dictating price to their mainline partners instead of them telling us what we will be paid.

Plainsman

Total Time
Of course they want to buy another airline. They want to own all the regional feed in the country so they can start dictating price to their mainline partners instead of them telling us what we will be paid.
That's smart

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Yeah, its QX. They're already getting the CRJs.

suupah

Total Time
I hope SKYW buys horizon and gives pncl some competition on the Q's on the performance front not cost. That will force PNCL to fix their cranial rectal inversion of a mx reliability program and maybe actually please customers and flight crews.

shadowpuppet

Total Time
never
And you know this how?? You don't have the first clue as to what Jerry wants to do with his business. I know it's awfully lonely over there in Hanoi, but you really need to find your way back to reality. Jerry doesn't want to do anything to rattle the cages of his major airline masters. He will however continue to squeeze you and your fellow pilots for everything he can get. I hope you are not getting too comfortable with your 7 & 9's. Last I heard from a friend in ATL was that your ALPA guys tried to ban the company from even stepping foot in your building, how's that working out?

the palm

Total Time
And you know this how?? You don't have the first clue as to what Jerry wants to do with his business. I know it's awfully lonely over there in Hanoi, but you really need to find your way back to reality. Jerry doesn't want to do anything to rattle the cages of his major airline masters. He will however continue to squeeze you and your fellow pilots for everything he can get. I hope you are not getting too comfortable with your 7 & 9's. Last I heard from a friend in ATL was that your ALPA guys tried to ban the company from even stepping foot in your building, how's that working out?

It's common sense, speculation, a wild ass guess, etc. Sorry I hurt your feelings. I see you're new around here so I'm gonna cut you some slack. Welcome to flightinfo!

Oh, it's too cheap over here in Vietnam to be lonely very long :)

shadowpuppet

Total Time
never
It's common sense, speculation, a wild ass guess, etc. Sorry I hurt your feelings. I see you're new around here so I'm gonna cut you some slack. Welcome to flightinfo!

Oh, it's too cheap over here in Vietnam to be lonely very long :)
Not new by any stretch of the imagination, just haven't frequented the commuter boards in awhile. I've got a renewed interest in ASA these days, so I thought I'd do a little reading. I just get a kick out of the optimism of some of the ASA guys that they are going to get anything from Jerry.

johnpeace

#199 of 201
Total Time
~1800
I just get a kick out of the optimism of some of the ASA guys that they are going to get anything from Jerry.
What is that supposed to mean?

Is it any better working at Skywest than it is at ASA?

I work at ASA and have great equipment to fly, a pretty good management...even if they can't seem to get some things right, great crews to fly with.

What's the problem?

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
Total Time
7000+
Hasn't this same thread been started like 5 times in the last few months. Why would they want crummy Mesa? Why would they want to buy anyone else right now? And even if they are, it's all speculation no line pilot knows what Jerry is up to.

shadowpuppet

Total Time
never
What is that supposed to mean?

Is it any better working at Skywest than it is at ASA?

I work at ASA and have great equipment to fly, a pretty good management...even if they can't seem to get some things right, great crews to fly with.

What's the problem?
Simply put, it means that if you publicly try and make SKYW and their management (SkyWest, ASA or even XJT) look foolish they are not going to reward you with anything more (and perhaps even take away some of what you have) in the future. SKYW inc. doesn't care who does the flying within their family of carriers (3 individual airlines and counting). They care about who is going to be the most cooperative as a whole in order to grow their business. What's at ASA today doesn't exactly mean it will be there tommorrow.

79%N1

Total Time
2 many
SKYW inc. doesn't care who does the flying within their family of carriers (3 individual airlines and counting). They care about who is going to be the most cooperative as a whole in order to grow their business. What's at ASA today doesn't exactly mean it will be there tommorrow.
Correction. 2 airlines.

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
No, they want more mass so they can still generate some needed revenue when different legacies have to drop them when new mainline pilot scope clauses go into effect.

79%N1

Total Time
2 many
shadowpuppet;2100074just haven't frequented the commuter boards in awhile..[/QUOTE said:
what is a commuter board? Oh wait, I forgot. It's 1985.