Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sky Limo....on their way out of business......anyone heard this...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here ya go. Dance with the devil:

Description:
Sky Limo Corporation is a full service aviation company that has been providing air charter, aircraft management, aircraft maintenance, whole and fractional aircraft sales since 1998. We are located at the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, in Florida. We operate 18 jet aircraft and have over 46 full time pilots. We will be adding two Beechjets and one Hawker to our certificate and require 4 F/O's for the Beechjets, Upgrades to captain come from our current pilot group. Upgrades are averaging one year. Base will be KFXE. Ground School begins on November 5th 2012

Company is ARG/US Platinum Rated and IS-BAO certified.

Interviews will be conducted at our Ft. Lauderdale offices. Travel expenses for the interview will be borne by the applicant.

SIC applicants must have 3000 hrs and 500 multi-engine.

Relocation to South Florida is mandatory. You must be willing to pay for training, the company will reimburse you over the period of one year after successful completion of training. Please indicate if you are willing to pay for training in your cover letter.

Requirements:

Company Benefits:
Start salary will average about $40,000+ /year, $2.50/hour per diem, health insurance, $25,000 of life insurance, 401(k)

Contact Information:
N/A [email protected]

So what does it cost for training? do they pay you back in one lump sum or a payment plan? Sadly with the 1500 hr rule coming soon I think that you will see more PFT. these companies are salivating.

So what does it cost for training? do they pay you back in one lump sum or a payment plan? Sadly with the 1500 hr rule coming soon I think that you will see more PFT. these companies are salivating.

Huge pilot turnover rate at Sky Limo....

WHY......the fools that are ignorant to Sky Limos little scam get screwed. They tell them that they will pay for training IF they decide to keep you full time after your first year. They just don't keep them on FULL-TIME. They call you a contract pilot.....they don't pay people back. Then they hire a new fool that pays for training.....

Care to explain your rationale? I and most of the people I know think just the opposite will occur. The 1500 hr rule (btw doesn't apply to 135, directly) should actually create a higher demand for pilot's thereby reducing the ability of sketchy operators to coerce new hires into PFT.

Care to explain your rationale? I and most of the people I know think just the opposite will occur. The 1500 hr rule (btw doesn't apply to 135, directly) should actually create a higher demand for pilot's thereby reducing the ability of sketchy operators to coerce new hires into PFT.

I could see what thunderworm described a possibility. If you think about it, there will be more pilots in the category of 250-1500 hours that wont be able to get a 121 regional job thus flooding other segments of the industry. The options will be slim to get to 1500 hours. Some 135s may see an opportunity to exploit pilots via PFT or poor pay etc..

Sky Limo makes the pilot pay for training...then says they will pay them back AFTER they fly for one year AND IF they like you AFTER that first year.....then they will offer you a FULL TIME position....and then pay you back over the next year.

Thing is (scam is)......they just say they want to keep you as a contract employee, then as the contract states, they DO NOT have to pay you back. So the pilot obviously leaves and they find another fool to pay for training and start the scam over.

Its a scam over there.

This is why they just lost the Lear 60....they scammed the owner out of pilot training money and other reasons and they use ZERO jet time pilots to fly a Lear 60 as SIC and a very low time jet guy for captain. Pathetic.

Tom Conlin, Jim Dent....arrogant, pathetic people in this industry. They hate pilots. HATE...... Pilots are the enemy to them. Tom has lawsuits against multiple pilots for leaving because they couldn't take the abuse anymore and quit. Just like the first Lear 60 crew they had, they both quit together.

They called a bunch of my Lear 60 friends trying to get them to work there on the 60....they all literally laughed at their hilarious offers. $50,000/yr plus $100 per flight hour after 4 flight hours each duty period. Some crap like that. PLUS...pay for their own recurrent training. And have to put up with a DO who couldn't hack it in the airlines and hates pilots..... hahahahahaha

Just another garbage operation with garbage people running it.

Latest resources

Back