Single-Engine Turbine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PC-12 Time

I got some time in a PC-12 before my airline job. I have interviewed at three airlines and and their reactions to the PC-12 times was different. The guys at one airline didn't even know what a PC-12 was (In fact they couldn't even figure out how fractional flying was part 91 - but that is a different story), so that didn't help at all.

But the other two seemed to know a lot about the PC-12 and liked the fact that I had some time in it.

So my guess is that it really depends on how familiar the company interviewing you is with the PC-12. I went from the PC-12 to the BE-1900 and they are quite similar. Speeds are almost identical, and systems are very similar as well. The PC-12 was very good preparation for the Beech. They also have virtually identical engines the PT6A-67. The only different is the prop governor.

If you get the chance to fly a PC-12, don't pass it up. It is a great airplane with advanced systems and avionics. But I would also make sure you have your 100, 200 or 250 (depending on the airline) of multi-engine time before sending resumes out because you may need that to get past the initial resume screening. That and you are putting a lot of faith in the interviewers being familiar with the PC-12.

Latest resources

Back