shuttle america

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shuttle America

Shuttle America is growing tremendously and hiring lots of pilots. The interview is straight forward and pretty simple. We need good guys who are willing to be flexible during this demanding and turbulent time. I think the interview emphasis needs to be on flexibility and moving the rig. Upgrades will be quick and therefore we need captains who will work well with others. Specifics change on a daily basis. You just need to show that you will not break regs and show Captain qualities. Good luck, training is fast and furious. It's a great time to get in.

Re: Shuttle America

saabchkairman said:
Shuttle America is growing tremendously and hiring lots of pilots. The interview is straight forward and pretty simple. We need good guys who are willing to be flexible during this demanding and turbulent time. I think the interview emphasis needs to be on flexibility and moving the rig. Upgrades will be quick and therefore we need captains who will work well with others. Specifics change on a daily basis. You just need to show that you will not break regs and show Captain qualities. Good luck, training is fast and furious. It's a great time to get in.
Maybe you should explain your defination is of flexible. i was previ to some of the first interviews post 911 and i can say that when the successful applicant gets to class its totally different, when they (management) said 6 they really ment 69.
Some how i get the impression that the stigma of working for shuttle is worst than working for potamac Air.

FLY SAFE!!!

Flexibility at Shuttle

Well my definition of flexibility at any company trying to get out of trouble is doing everything within your power to move the airplanes and make money for the company and a by-product is money in my pocket as well. Since you could not handle a little uncertanity at this level, you gave up an incredible senority with a company that now is union and growing with a billion dollar company backing it with money. So with that said, I for one can only wish you luck with whomever. Potomac--don't know, don't care.

I heard that several people have walked out of class, quitting on the spot. Why is this? Also, they seem to be turning down a lot of high time people who will save them money just because they won't resign their seniority number at a major. Stupid and short sighted policy in my opinion.

Shuttle Craft

Well why do you say that high time furloughed guys will save us money? The majors are hiring again and those guys may not be here very long. How is this saving us money? Do you think that since they are big iron drivers then they will bring a lot of experience to this airline? I have ridden with many different experience levels and quite frankly I would take a 1900 driver over a 737 driver in a minute. They work harder and are willing to take one for the team were as the major guys are concerned with quality of their wallet instead of quality of Job. Maybe you disagree and this is OK. If you were turned down well tough luck but the management knows what they want. We have a philosophy to hiring. I'm not going to go into it. However, we are growing and trying to make money as well as a core of good guys to carry us through the tough times. The situation with guys leaving right away, well I can't explain this other than maybe they saw something they didn't like or the fact that since we are looking toward the long term we need long term guys. Cost effective. Good luck all and be safe.

Last edited:
Well I guess I have a little more explaining to do. One... more experienced captains save money because like everything else in life, if you have more experience you are better at it. As a check airmen I would expect you know that. Ironically enough, I used to be a 1900 driver, (capt. for two years) and now I am/was a 737 driver. When I was at the commuter I saw guys writing up airplanes when they didn't have to, in places that grounded the airplane when it was legal to continue, I saw them deice aircraft in really cold rain, I knew a guy that made the rampers pull out every single bag and weigh in instead of using standard weights, new captains that were so overwhelmed by being the captain that they missed the big picture and did some bone-headed thing. As a "check-airmen" I would expect you understand that it is impossible to quantify the experience of a pilot in terms of dollars, I can also say that it is impossible to say exactly when an experienced pilot has saved you money...but you can bet your life that over time an experienced pilot will save you money. And, by the way, I am furloughed from a major, I have been offered a job at SA, and I fully intend to turn it down as my limited experience with Laurie Pare and Ed Knapp have done nothing for me except to solidify my impression that Shuttle America is the most unprofessional aviation business I've been associated with and I assure you that list is quite long. Therfore I won't be there on the 17th, unemployment pays better, and I wish Shuttle America the best of luck because from what I've seen they sure as hell will need it.

touche

Nice come back :) I have met someone that can give it back to me. I do agree with you about almost all of your points. I will not comment on the company since I am here and value my job enough to keep my mouth shut. Sorry about the furlough thing. Hope that works out for ya. Good luck.

S.A. employees

Maybe some other shuttle america employees could weigh in on whether its a good place to work. I myself have heard GREAT comments on the company and would love to fly for them.
I have a type rating in the Saab 340 and nearly 3000 hours total time. saabchkairman, I have sent my resume in by email and regular mail more than a month ago. How long before I make contact again? Is there a better way to get in to interview? thanks.

Latest resources

Back