shuttle america

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey there Davidcfi
I saw your post's about wanting info from other Shuttle employes.....well Both my son & my nephew work there and they are both Dash Captains (soon-to-be SAAB-CAptains) and i can say it beacuse they can't (for obvious reasons) they hate it up there!!!
My son is one of the seniour ones there from the begining and as he say's what started out as a honey moon turned into a nightmare. They came within three days of closing the doors saved only by the demise of Potomac Air,....and they fact that because they(Wexford) owns Chatauqua Airlines they put all those saab crews on the street in order to get the Saab's that SA is now getting!!!
may be that may be a benifit of being backed by a Billion dollar Company...... I DON'T THINK SO!!!
Not only that but when wexford came in to give them the olive branch they completely changed EVERYTHING!!!!!!!......the 6 mth leases they have on the dash's from allegheny are only because the leasor's reposesed the 300's they had!!...they can't get the saab's as fast as they would like so who know's what's going to happen in march when the dash's go back to Allegheny!
now you have to sign a bond for two years or $24000 while making $1584/mth!!!!....do the math!!
my advise is.. with your (above average)experience if you want to sign a training bond for two years send your app to piedmont (410 742 4069fax) or Allegheny (717 948 5406fax) at least you'll work for a company that have a decent union and a good reputation
in the industry.

Best of luck to you !!!!!
Taz!:D

from a shuttleshafter

As a furloughed dash8 guy who is now re trained in the saab, a wonderful airplane (said in case Knute is reading) I have a bit to add to this thread. Yes there are problems on the line, too few pilots, lots of junior manning, scheduling problems, quality of life issues, but they will be resolved (hopefully sooner than later). If anyone thought this was going to be easy, then they must have had their head in the sand. Granted some things could have been done to alleviate the current problems but that's water over the dam now. To correct a few things from the previous thread, we were not 3 days away from going out of business, we were 20 minutes away, yes it was that close. Also, I don't know where the $24,000 training contract came from, it wasn't the one shown to me in class. More like 1 year, pro rated if you leave early. It actually spells out the exact hourly costs of sim, ground school, etc., I don't even think it exceeds 10 grand. Another issue is that we don't get time and a half for trips picked up on our days off, but we as a union voted on that and it passed overwhelmingly, so we are stuck with it. This was something that had to be done in order for the new owners to take over. I am a union person til the end, and I will try to correct all of these problems we are having, but on the other hand, no on is holding a gun to anyone's head to stay at this job or to come here for that matter. If anyone has any questions about the company or upcoming interview, feel free to send mail to my personal mail box and I'll try to answer any questions you might have.

Latest resources

Back