• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
STAY!!

Dairy Air,
By ALL means stay where you're at. Even if the others are hiring,
giving up a number at a respectable company right now doesn't make sense to me. Commuting may not be the best, but you're at one of the best company's so make the best of it. Unless you have needs or very strong ties to your present domicile, you may consider moving. Something I learned not too long ago(some things take longer to sink in), don't be in a hurry. You don't act or react before you need to in the aircraft, treat this the same way. Research some other places, go and visit those cities you may like, et cetra. Who know's, you may discover you that you enjoy another locale better than you think. Make it an adventure. Of course, your significate other has a lot of input as well. Listen to what they say.
just my .02. Best of luck!

as mentioned above the orlando base for comair is in the exit stage. I am frozen in the E120 and can't even bid out. for me, I hate florida and can't wait to get out. I am commuting to cincy from orlando and it is a struggle every week. cincy is home and i know how you feel. i can't wait to get back and left another 121 operator to come to comair to get closer to home, but due to the strike i was frozen on orlando. Air Wiss is a top notch company and i would stay but i totally understand how you feel. good luck in your decision and future. ryan

No advice in this message. Just a thank you to all the "yanks" that hate Florida and sincere hopes that you'll be able to leave sooner than later. If we could get y'all to go home, we could restore Florida seeing a show our biggest problem is our "foreign" population.

Difference between a yankee and a d***ed yankee = a yankee just comes to visit; a d***ed yankee stays.

PS: I'd think twice about giving up my number at Air Willy to avoid commuting. No matter who you work for, commuting will be a part of your life at some point in time if you choose to remain an airline pilot. It really makes no difference who you work for or where they have bases today. The only thing certain in this business is change.

Stay and if you don't like the commute-move. I wouldn't think of changing any airline right now unless you like being on the bottom of the list and being furloughed. I just missed a furlough by about 5 numbers and I am 8 from the top. Stay were you are.

I have been with ASA about 1 1/2 years and commute to MCO. Even with the Delta Pass benefits, IT SUCKS!!!!! Now if you want to live in GNV, that would be an easy commute but only because we fly there 6 or 7 times a day. I am leaving MCO in 2 months for ATL. Its not my first choice, or even in the top ten....but I am tired of the stress that goes along with commuting.

Good luck :p

Find a friend at Airtran and fly for them. It's not Florida, but it isn't Appleton either.
You could work for PDT, they have FL bases. You may even get to fly a jet! (or be furloughed, no one knows for sure).

Latest resources

Back