• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sharing a hotel room?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless your partner looked like flyboydk's avatar it would be a big fat NO! I would tell your friend to start looking for another job with a better culture. The CEO and VP can snoodle all they want but sharing a hotel room is just plain CHEAP! I would find another job then submit a report to the Board on how selling the plane and buying an RV could save them money in hotel rooms and save big $$$ on Jet fuel. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1324653", true);

Amazing. A topic where everyone agrees.

If a company won't pay for separate rooms, they shouldn't have an airplane. I don't want to be with anyone 24 hours a day. Crew rest would be just a fantasy in that situation.

Yeah, I heard Wal-mart does it too!! If there ever was a company that could afford another room it has to be that one!

Absolutely not.

No kidding, recently I had another pilot, in a postition of authority mind you, ask me if I wanted to share a suite. I paused, unsure if he was serious, and asked "why?". His reply was that the rooms were $400 a piece and it would save money. My response was "It would save who money?".

Basically, while his intentions were fine, I asked why he was so concerned about saving money for pax who wanted to go to a resort city in peak season and keep the airplane there for an extended period. The client owns the airplane, he flies it all over, owns multiple companies etc. After gently putting it in perspective the other guy agreed.

I believe many of us put expenses in "our financial terms", while meaning well, this is completely idiotic. A good majority of the pax we fly are in an entirely different world when it comes to financial numbers. After all, the landing/service fee is $700 at BOS, but is that a concern? Of course not, and if it is you'd better start looking for a job. Corporate aviation is never cheap, and getting more expensive by the day.

Flying an aircraft that costs thousands an hour to operate and then trying to save a couple of hundred on hotel rooms is absolutely pathetic, not to mention the rest implications.

Latest resources

Back