Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetmaster727

Old School
Don't know about you guys but I'm about sick of the " servant heart" thing. We are professional pilots not servants. And calling our Union a " cancer" by a senior member of management is outrageous. This guy needs to be told to shut his big mouth. He's pissing a lot of people off.

Let me guess, the “Vice President” who isn’t listed anywhere on any Onesky organization chart has popped off another email...#handispam

Ok so what’s the latest BS from RH or JW? I didn’t become a professional Pilot to become anyone’s servant, and the Union is the only organization that has been fighting on behalf us Pilots, Flexjet and the Flexjet culture they love to expound upon is long gone, it ended when Bombardier sold Flexjet to Oneguy.

There’s nothing wrong with having a servant’s heart. It’s an admirable leadership trait. However, said trait has been greatly exploited by management. All these Flex colleagues of mine walk around thinking they’re better than anyone else (the very thing we used to accuse Netjets of) and our management shares the same attitude. So it should work come as no surprise that RH loves to exploit this and use it as a wedge to demonize union supporters.

There’s nothing wrong with having a servant’s heart. It’s an admirable leadership trait. However, said trait has been greatly exploited by management. All these Flex colleagues of mine walk around thinking they’re better than anyone else (the very thing we used to accuse Netjets of) and our management shares the same attitude. So it should work come as no surprise that RH loves to exploit this and use it as a wedge to demonize union supporters.

Why cant we just be professional pilots who give good service ? The label " servant heart" is childish and demeaning. Of course coming from an ex school teacher I guess it's to be expected. It's certainly not a leadership trait. How do you come up with that ?

Why cant we just be professional pilots who give good service ? The label " servant heart" is childish and demeaning. Of course coming from an ex school teacher I guess it's to be expected. It's certainly not a leadership trait. How do you come up with that ?

He didn't come up with it. He plagiarized from Southwest.

"Servant's heart, warrior spirit." That's the full gist.

Last edited:

A servant's heart doesn't mean that you have to be a gopher or a yes man for the boss. As a captain, I want my coworkers to know that I'm there for them and if I can do anything for them, time allowing, I'm happy to do it. If something needs done, let's get it done, not sit around the FBO drinking coffee and watching everyone else do all the work. All I'm saying is that RH is trying to exploit this as wedge between so called Flexjet go-getters and so called lazy union supporters. I'm on your side.

A servant's heart doesn't mean that you have to be a gopher or a yes man for the boss. As a captain, I want my coworkers to know that I'm there for them and if I can do anything for them, time allowing, I'm happy to do it. If something needs done, let's get it done, not sit around the FBO drinking coffee and watching everyone else do all the work. All I'm saying is that RH is trying to exploit this as wedge between so called Flexjet go-getters and so called lazy union supporters. I'm on your side.

I see what you are saying. Guess I have just had it with RH bull*hit ! The Union is here and why can't he shut up about it and get on board ?

Because it doesn't serve his purpose. No matter what, he can't change now. He's made his bed and now he must lie in it. I remember sitting in recurrent class in March, 2014, just three months after the merger was completed. You know, the classes where they were handing Ricci's Management by Thrust literature. It was when we were at the Waterview for the one day that of course the conversation turned to the future, the union, etc. And I quote RH; "If there's ever a union at Flexjet I'll resign my office position and become a pilot representative." Much like Ricci's book, the words they preach aren't the ones they follow.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back