• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Servant Heart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having a servants heart is putting others needs before your own, even to the point of being sacrificial. I don't know about you but if I were in the back of the plane I wouldn't want my pilot having a servants heart. Sorry. I want him concerned about his meals, rest, pay etc... I want him to have happy, stressfree life and come to work with little on his plate other than serving me and my family well (yes serve me but absolutely not with a servants heart). Just more proof Handjob is out of touch with the job.

So since we are all caught up in the impressiveness of the servants heart attitude let's look at the two sides:

1.) pilots and managers who have bellied up to the trough and get rewarded for being willing to let over half the pilot group be sacrificial for their very personal gains

or

2.) a group of pilots who stood up for others when it wasn't (and still isn't) popular to go against the Ricci machine.

Frank wants to talk about leadership? How has he expressed ANY CHARACTERISTIC of a good leader? BTW have you noticed that now 100% of his talking points are the clearly stated goals of the IBT? Goals that can't be achieved because of the obstructionist ilk of his kind?

How much farther along would we be if we didn't spend all this time working against what is now the collectively stated goal of all parties EXCEPT double n kenn?

This pilot group is ridiculous. The only ****ing cancer that exists here is the leprositic rashes of every promise the anti-Midas makes. Servants heart? **** me - I've never heard a person blather on so ridiculously out of touch with who he is or what we ought to be.

So this RH guy tries to come off as a Boy Scout, but I see him as the exact opposite. The next thing you know, he will be at the Super Bowl trying to push decert Cards. Isn't the first point of the Scout Law Trustworthy? He has thrown the Flex pilots under the bus, but the only problem is, alot of them haven't seen it yet. It's only a matter of time. If RH can be trusted, why are they so unwilling to put their empty promises in writing?

Service and professionalism go hand in hand; you literally can’t have true professionalism without the aspect of service.
Originally, there were only three professions: medicine, law, and the clergy. At the heart of those three professions is service toward one’s fellow man: servIng with respect to one’s relationship with their mortality and health, their relationship with society and its laws, and their relationship with their creator.
The term “professionalism” really means the attributes one would expect from a practitioner of these original professions: honesty, long preparation, devotion, judgment, etc.
All that said, KR obviously does not appreciate or respect those working for him, professional or not.

Flew with someone this week that asked where I worked before here. I said Flexjet. He said he has a friend that just got hired there. I just laughed and said, he’ll regret that. He asked why naturally, and I replied, where do I even start. He said his frind was told he’ll upgrade in a year. Then I really laughed. So what is Flexjet peddling these days anyway. 1 year upgrade. Really?

Flew with someone this week that asked where I worked before here. I said Flexjet. He said he has a friend that just got hired there. I just laughed and said, he’ll regret that. He asked why naturally, and I replied, where do I even start. He said his frind was told he’ll upgrade in a year. Then I really laughed. So what is Flexjet peddling these days anyway. 1 year upgrade. Really?

Thats not even the half of it! Upgrade is about10+ yrs and more on the plus side! "Run Forrest Run"

Last edited:

Thats not even the half of it! Upgrade is about10+ yrs and more on the plus side! "Run Forrest Run"

Sorry to break it to you both but of course that's what they're telling new hires because in part they hope to make it true.

If you thought Kenn was going to give up his plan to let low seniority pilots leap frog to the front of the line you are crazy.

The only thing stopping him is the IBT1108. Enter the decert crew of IGM FoKs and it starts to become clear.

I heard from one of the union people management is doing everything to subvert support at the new hire level. Management waits until the 11th hour to notify the union's new hire committee about opportunities to sit in on interviews or do a presentation at indoc. It's not hard to believe they are also trying to stack the deck with promises hinged on self promotion. I wouldnt put it in the realm of impossible to subtly let new hires know union support lengthens their upgrade time.

Every pilot, every single pilot at OneSky needs to ask themselves what Kenn fears so much about this union?. If you think it's so he can help you before he helps himself, well you're just naive. If you think your career protection matters more to him than his wallet you're just stupid. If you think you stand a chance against management's schemes alone you are just arrogant.

Latest resources

Back