Seeking Jetstream Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJARVO,

I understand the jetstream graveyard in Kingman Arizona has a couple hundred and growing. I may get a chance to see it in the next month or so. -Beantown

I have about 1000 hours in the '32 and everything said here is true.

On the plus side, after flying the Jetstream, your scan and hand-flying skills will be second to none.

Those days really make me appreciate having an autopilot and FA in the back. Although the Dash is bigger, I don't think we get any more respect!

Regards, JetProp

Everyone is right on about the old turbo gnat. One thing I have failed to see is the reason why we go through more airsick bags than any other type of aircraft. As mentioned above the J32 has no autopilot or yaw damper and is hot as hell in the summer time. Now add to the fact that we fly pretty short hops at relatively low altitudes and well you get the picture. CLT to HKY in July: 4000 feet, full throttle to beat the record of just under seven minutes takeoff to touchdown, 98 degrees OAT (99 inside), and no yaw damper. Who ever is sitting in the last row of seats has a 50% chance of using the nice little white bag in front of them. I have never been airsick/carsick/seasick in my life but have come the closest deadheading in the back of the old 'stream.
Bean, maybe they will let us fly the first three out to kingman Conway stlye: FORMATION BABY!!!
ATC: Jetstream 957AE flight say final altitude to IGM.
US: Uh, how's 9500 over the Canyon so we can get some pix?
ATC: Roger maintain VFR let us know when you are done

Hey guys, I fly for CCAir (US Airways Express) out of CLT. We are returning all the J32's and will only be flying Dash 8-100's for the near term. We were bought by Mesa a couple years ago and J.O is threatening to shut down the company if we do not agree to a major pay and quality of like cuts. We are furloughing 68% of your pilots by April 15 b/c of the return of the jetstreams. You got to love aviation!! -Bean

Does that mean you're dropping service to HKY? That's my hometown and I catch a ride on you guys a few times a year to go visit my mom.

By the way, a good Jetstream pilot flies with slight pressure on one of the rudder pedals in turbulence. Sure, the airplane is in a slight slip, but it keeps the tail from swinging around so much. And that's a lot better than smelling the result of a bunch of sick pax.

All pilots should have at least one job where they have to clean up the airplane if the pax get sick. It will make you become very sensitive to the ride, and encourage you to try very hard to find a smooth one...

Sounds to me like those are INTERVIEW questions.... Are you planning on going to an interview saying that you have time in the Jetstream??? Trying to be prepared for any questions they might ask?? DARN! sure wish I had thought of that :D

TSA Pilot

Same Story

I'll come in and say what everyone else has said is all true. I have 2000 hrs in the Sweatstream and looking back on it I see that I really loved flying that thing. There was nothing like taxiing around JFK, with 19 scared to death pax, knowing that everytime we passed a heavy, the crew was saying " Now those guys are working for a living." Now they just say " Those RJ guys are threatening our career." I learned a lot about flying, and myself as a pilot, flying the JBALL, hence my screen name.

I flew the J41 as well. BAe fixed a lot of the problems from the 31/32 but they created new ones. Whenever it rains or snows the gremlins come out.

I think the best thing about flying a Jetstream is the comraderie(sp?) that exists between the pilots. It doesn't matter who you fly for or where. You can always start a hilarious conversation on Jetstream follies. What a life we live!

:D

Latest resources

Back