Security proof shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SAEflyer

Anyone know where you can get a good pair of black dress shoes that you don't have to take off everytime you go through the metal detector?

Bostonian shoes.
stylish and comfortable.
i do find them lacking a bit in arch support. to each their own tho.

theres stores about in malls and what not.
anyway, I've got a pair of nice lace up square toed leather shoes.
Nylon shank, and WATERPROOF!

I bought a pair of deer stags at Mervyn's for $40-50. They are comfortable and don't set off the metal detector

I have a pair of Eccos. Very nice and comfy too.

ecco's all the way

They look good, are very comfortable, and I have yet to make the buzzers beep.

They can and often times do make people take their shoes off, even without the beep. Prior to the metal detector it is your option whether you want to remove your shoes or not. Once you pass through, you lose the option and they can make you remove your shoes. I've had it happen several times.

I always get..."its highly recommended that you remove your shoes"...I say but they dont have any metal in them....."sir, its highly recommended you remove your shoes...if you dont you are subject to secondary screening".

With that being said I think RockPorts are very comfortable and I think have a fiber shank in them now.

cf

Rockport makes a couple of pair. They are labled as "Airport Friendly". A little more expensive than the Deer Sags but they hold up for a long time and very comfortable.

I have had a pair of Rockports for over a year now. I love them and they hold a polish very well.

I love when they say we recommend you take your shoes off. I normally have time to kill...so I just ... thats ok. I will leave them on.

Wankel

they aren't supposed to be threatening secondary screening to crew members unless you actually set off the detector twice....
I went with some Dr. Martens...very comfortable and don't get ruined in the goo on the ramp. (and don't set off the detectors either)

Latest resources

Back