salary surveys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hugh Jorgan

Are there any good websites for airline, fractional and corporate salary surveys that don't require me to give up a case of beer to get the info? If not, do any of you know which would be the most comprehensive for the least money? Thanks.

This one is real easy. I am with a 121 charter company and fly as captain on a 737-800. Between standby days and working days I work 20 days per month. My duty also requires that I spend 2 to 3 months a year in Europe flying.(the best flying in the world, more like a vacation) I have been with the company for a little over 5 years. I make a base of 75K which includes medical for me personally I have to pay for the family. With overtime, day off pay and all the other extra's my W2 pay will be about 95K. I have 7 kids and 3 in college so none of that goes real far. I started flying commercially as a flight instructor in 1975, and have flown about 500 hours per year since. Last year I flew 937.0 hours, a little more than normal. Still a great job if you love to travel.

I fly a G IV for a private company( part 91 captain) and we typically fly 400 hrs a year and I get a salary of $120,000. This includes medical, dental, vision and 401K. This company flies around the world at least twice a year which requires you to be on the road about 34 days. In my spare time I fill in and do some contract work( Part 135 captain) for 3 different companies. For the G IV I get $1000/day rate, the G III $ 700/day and westwind $550/day. I alternate my Gulfstream training at Simuflite and do my Wesrwind training inhouse and with the FAA to keep the cost down. I work as much as 20-24 days a month and as little as 10 days. I really enjoy travelling all over.

Welcome to aviation. When your company folds it is nice to know which direction to go. The older you get the better that GV job sounds.

Latest resources

Back