• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ryanair considering 787s or A350s for TransAtlantic Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As per press release today, it's actually 40-50 787 or A330neo they're having a look at, to be delivered 'in 2 years'. Which just goes to prove that Ryanair are not very good at reading a calender, as the A330neo will be available in either 2017 or 2018, depending on the model.

Think Boeing might also struggle a bit delivering a Fryliner in 2 years, given the backlog.

As per press release today, it's actually 40-50 787 or A330neo they're having a look at, to be delivered 'in 2 years'. Which just goes to prove that Ryanair are not very good at reading a calender, as the A330neo will be available in either 2017 or 2018, depending on the model.

Think Boeing might also struggle a bit delivering a Fryliner in 2 years, given the backlog.

True, I doubt FR would get any new aircraft off the line unless they started by leasing from the big lessors and ramped up from there. Although they could bid for those overweight early-build 787s and use them on shorter Transatlantic flights until replacements are available... There are also tons of used 777s and A330s in the ME that could be bought relatively cheap as the big 3 ME carriers refresh their fleets (another interim solution).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back