Russian Pilot Supply

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Their flight attendants are Hot.
Says the the dogboy who will hump a concrete yard ornament, a truly ringing endorsement!

... the decreased pilot output of the military...

As far as I know, Russia never hired pilots from the military to fly civilian a/c. If you wanted to become an airline pilot (Aeroflot), you had to go to the University of Civil Aviation and get your ratings in the course of 5 years.

Most European carriers are like that as well. I think Lufthansa will be far more interested to consider you for their INITIAL pilot training with Baron time than with F-18.

As far as I know, Russia never hired pilots from the military to fly civilian a/c. If you wanted to become an airline pilot (Aeroflot), you had to go to the University of Civil Aviation and get your ratings in the course of 5 years.

Most European carriers are like that as well. I think Lufthansa will be far more interested to consider you for their INITIAL pilot training with Baron time than with F-18.

Just passing along what I have discussed over a few cold ones with Aeroflot pilots......!

You're correct in the context of the Soviet Union, but since the downfall thereof things have changed somewhat. Aeroflot's career page specifically states that military pilots are welcome to apply, however the same requirements apply to them as to civilians.

Latest resources

Back