RJDC...Even the name is a lie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJFlyer said:
And therein lies the problem - the RJ can't be operated profitably at mainline payrates.

Two points....

#1. Says who?

#2. If in fact you are correct, why are many from your airline pushing for a single seniority list?

FDJ - #1: says just about everything I've read regarding the economics of the RJ. I'll try to do some reseach and get back to you with hard figures.
#2: We've already proven we will fly the RJ at rates that its economics will support. Are you paid as much to fly the 737 as the 777? No, because they are different sized aircraft with different payrates. If the Delta pilots are so willing to fly the RJ, why haven't you negotiated a payrate for it? I'm sure there is more room for pilot pay in the RJ (as you stated in an earlier post). I'm not sure that there's enough room to make a Delta pilot want to fly it. I'm personally not enamored of the idea of a merged seniority list right now. But if we were to achieve one list, I'm certain that the RJ payrate would not improve significantly over what it is now.

Well, we have not negotiated a rate for the 747 yet, but that doesn't mean we don't want them!

The fact is, our wishes are not relevant. Whether or not DALPA wants to fly rjs has no bearing at all on whether or not we will. If management wants to operate them over our block hour limits, they have to put them on mainline. The pay rates will be negotiated then, again according to a process specified in our contract.

Latest resources

Back