RJDC...Even the name is a lie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyDeltasJets

When you visit the rjdc website you are greeted with a full page outlining how ALPA national is attempting to limit rjs, or control what planes are operated to what destination. It appears that their lies are taking on a life of their own, so please allow me to quickly set the record straight.

First of all, there is absolutely nothing in our contract which would prevent management from operating as many rjs as they want. The assertion that the rjs are under attack is an outright lie. In fact, if Delta decides that there is a need for 1,000 rjs, then I invite them to buy them, and they are legally able to do so. The only catch is, they cannot use low cost labor to operate all of them. Once DCI hits a certain percentage of total Delta flying, the future additions must be flown by mainline pilots. Once we grow again, then DCI will also be free to grow. I have heard many people say that "any feed is good feed," and I don't disagree with them. There is nothing preventing us from feeding ourselves, however.

Even the name "rjdc" is a blatant lie. It implies that we are attacking the rj, and they are defending it. In fact, the rj is not under attack at all. To imply otherwise is misleading.

Exactly. I couldn't agree more. I think Delta does plan to fly RJ's (another item that's misnamed, in my opinion) at mainline. Of course, this would negate the arguement that we are not operationally integrated, and I know many a Delta pilot who does not want to fly them.

They should have called it the small jet pilots assistance coalition, or something like that. Oh well, a rose by any other name....

I guess the real question, which still remains, is did ALPA, my union, break the law and it's own charter by treating us differently because of a name. I think so, but a judge now will have to decide.

Anyway, this is between regional pilots and their union, so you really have no say in the matter. You used to have a say, but your union refused to TALK to us, now it's in court. Good luck to you.

How about Regular Joes Delta Comparison?

Just thought we could lighten up a little.

I'm probably wrong about that, though.

When I see the liberal media getting all upset about something a conservative did, I know he probably did the right thing. So, I see you guys getting so upset about this rjdc thing, and I know we must be hitting a nerve somewhere. I hope the outcome benefits you as I think it will. Good luck.

New Name for RJDC

To more accurately reflect the potential outcome of their union-busting litigation, I propose a new name:

How about "The PATAUCGSWAOENTMGMFRTWRC Coalition"

Longhand, that is the:

"Pilots Attempting to Abrogate Union Contracts and Gain Seniority Windfall At Other's Expense, Not To Mention Giving Management Free Reign To Whipsaw Regional Carriers.

You know many Delta pilots that don't want to fly RJ's?

I've heard that one a million times, but I don't know ONE Delta pilot that wouldn't welcome an RJ to the mainline fleet. Not ONE that wouldn't want it, especially about 800 furloughed pilots.

Where on God's green earth has RJDC ever found evidence that Delta pilots don't want to fly RJ's?

Give me a quote, reference, anything, but that is complete urban legend and another one of the lies of RJDC.

Braniff

Skydiver driver, it's because they're SUING us for $100,000,000.

I take that pretty darned personal.

Before you reply, "Oh, they're only suing ALPA national". Umm, keep in mind who's got to pay for that. ALL OF US, including YOU.

I'd like to see the RJDC members refund ALPA the strike assessment money they recieved and THEN try and start a dialogue.

Our profession is under attack and RJDC, Dan Ford, John Brietling and the likes are leading the charge.

Braniff

I'm sorry that I havn't done a poll, but since I only know a few Delta pilot's personally, I can only speak for what they told me. My friends who are Delta pilots say they don't want to fly RJ's. I hope that is a satisfactory answer, as it is the best I can do.

As for the litigation, it has a monetary amount on it because that is what our very expensive lawyer told us to do. He is the only lawyer that has ever beaten ALPA, and the rjdc is folowing it's lawyer's advise, just as any litigant would. Now, if they actually pay someone something, I promise to give my portion to you.

Flyin' is Flyin'

Delta pilots don't have a problem with flying RJs, they just don't want to fly them at Regional Airline rates (otherwise they would have worked for a regional airline rather than DAL). I'm sure any of the furloughed pilots would be more than willing to fly an RJ, just as long as they are paid at a Delta mainline rate for the work.

And therein lies the problem - the RJ can't be operated profitably at mainline payrates.

Latest resources

Back