RJ Payscales

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jphc17, just about all contracts are available at v1rotate

Go to the downloads section and you'll find what you're looking for.

I'm not mad at the pilots, nor at mainline. They are doing what they feel needs to be done. I can say this because I was laid-off from a USX carrier, no recall rights. Life is a funny thing. Just roll with the punches.

It may be easy for you to "roll with the punches," since you were obviously cut before finishing training, and never really worked for your airline.

It's not so easy to roll them punches when you have seniority at an airline and all that is threatened by greedy mainline pilots who think that they have the right and privelege to come take my job from me at my airline.

Dork Prop & the Guys,

What is happening to you, by your own union is a travesty. What are you going to do about it?

At ASA and Comair, Mesa, Eagle and other airlines are coming under this same attack. Get the word out, come participate on the other board. The complacency of some pilots is just amazing - you can help them learn.

The mainline guys that left our ranks knew that a furlough could happen. They made the decision to leave a secure job for the pay of the mainline position. It simply is not right that they can use their power within ALPA to go from the middle of the "Express" seniority list into US Air, then back to #1 Captain on your newest and most desired equipment.

You guys should get organized and ask ALPA's representation department if they have studied the effect this will have on your careers. If so, when do you get to participate in the negotiations that effect your pay and working conditions?

ALPA owes you certain duties of representation. You need your own RJDC.

The ALPA SCREW

Thats the best part of this whole mess the org that is suposed to protect our intrests is activly trying to undermine us. They are the ones trying get this deal passed. All the wo's are saving a war chest to sue the for miss rep but I don't know how we are going to be able to fight that kind of financial power.

jphc17

You know for years the mainline pilots have dumped on the wholly owned carriers and have given RJs to the contract carriers, ie...Mesa, Trans States...., and not once have you ever tried to fight for your wholly owned pilots. So now that your facing the stret you expect us to open our arms and welcome you here, that will be hard to do. A matter of fact you (mainline MEC) have tried to figure out how you may be able to work a deal with mesa on how you could fly on their seniority list in return mesa gets all the additional RJ's. I sure hope that when you come to us that you don't expect to jump to the front of our seniority list, not only would that be selfish on your part but it would be even more disrespectful. I do feel sorry for you that your being furloughed but how far do the pilots of mainline expect to push around their brothers and sisters. We have trusted all of you at mainline in the past and all that has gotten us is a lack of confidence on your true intentions.

RJ pay

What about the guys that are flying them right now?
Hope it's not like the proposal that APA made to take our jobs at Eagle.
By the way pay at Eagle is of course less than the others.

Just want to set the record straight.....

Usair pilots and their MEC had nothing to do with RJ's going to Mesa....I'm talking at the beginning now (early 1997). The fact is....and I know you all will correct me if I'm wrong....Mesa was one of the only people who had these jets at the time....not only did they have them, they had delivery slots and options on many more. Usair mgmt had no choice....if they wanted RJ's flying Usair pax, their only option at the time was Mesa.

As for the current situation....I don't know much about it. Is Usair buying these new planes or using Mesa jets?? I think some of you guys think that the USair MEC is somehow screwing all regional pilots and I see it as an MEC that's doing its job and trying to ensure jobs for its members. Maybe the finger should be pointed at your own MEC....to the PDT, ALG and PSA guys on this board: What have the mainline pilots done that have kept you out of the RJ game?? more importantly, what has your OWN MEC done that has gotten jets on your property? These are serious questions...I'm not flaming here, just curious.

FWIW I have no dogs in this fight....I did work for Mesa at one time but am not currently employed by any Usair carrier or regional.

Abe44

FR8mastr.....

Not sure who your post was directed toward, but since you quoted mine, here goes....if you'll reread my post, I said that I don't work for Usair. So MY MEC hasn't screwed you in any way...

Here's the way I see it from the outside: Your company (Usair) doesn't want to own RJ's....they know they need them so they hook up with someone who has them (Mesa) and of course they use Mesa pilots to crew them. You get pissed because you don't get you hands on that hot little jet....you need someone to blame...so you direct your anger at Usair mainline pilots and THEIR MEC.

To quote another part of your post "Your scope language, since you obviously have no clue, allowed for 35 RJ's You then gave them (mesa) 35 more," ....Why didn't YOUR MEC negotiate to fly these aircraft?? And more importantly, what specific part of the Usair mailine contract prohibits ALG, PSA or PDT from flying these jets??? Maybe there is something in their contract that prohibits this, but I seriously doubt it.

To take it further...what does YOUR scope clause say about non-Usair owned regionals flying YOUR routes.....

To sum it up...if you want to fly jets, send your resume to someone who has them...OR, negotiate for them when your contract comes due!!

Abe44

Last edited:
abe44, As far as US Air not wanting to buy them you are correct, they would much rather have "joe's Airline" pay for them. As for the "hot little jets" I could give a rats ass! I'm concerned about having a job in 2 years, if all other companies are allowed to operate these aircraft, the wholly owned prop drivers are going to be walking the unemployment line, just as fast as our lines can be replaced. Our MEC is not allowed to negotiate with mainline management, we can only negotiate with our management. Our management is totally inept. They have absolutely no power over anything. They can't decide routes schedules , equipment not even the size of the fleet. All decisions concerning the 4 wholly owned companies of USAIR Group come directly from mainline management, because we are the same company. Now this is where it's just hilarious, especially if you don't have to live with it. If mainline management did negotiate with us it would open them up to a single carrier lawsuit. So the only way we can survive is if the mainline pilots give management scope relief on the current 70 RJ's with in addition to their protections, the caveat that they go to the wholly owned's. No there is not specific language in their contract prohibiting RJ's to us (there is language for anything over 68 seats) but by scoping us out of the RJ's their fellow USAIR group pilots and giving them out to the competition, they are killing us and the unions. Bottom line is the mainline MEC has the power via scope language to dictate to mangement who gets and how many RJ's are flying. If the mainline MEC allows the RJ's to contract carriers they will lose control over all their feeds. destroy us, fellow ALPA group pilots, and put their own jobs in jepardy from mainline management looking to outsource more and more flying to the lowest bidder

Latest resources

Back