RJ Payscales

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jphc17

I get furloughed from US Air in 9 days. The talk is that our union is negotiating a deal with regionals to fly the added RJ's (to be approved) until recall with mainline seniority. I know it's a tender subject, but...... What are some of the payscales for RJ's (Capt, and F/O)? If this does happen I want to know if I can pay the mortgage.

Thanks and Dont kill the messenger.

At Air Wisconsin pay is currently $58 for a two-year captain and maxes out at $87. We receive yearly increases in pay throughout our 4 year contract with 2005 pay maxing out at $107 for a 16 year captain.

FO is currently $34 for second year and maxes at $47 for 7 years seniority at the end of the contract.

We are one of the highest, if not the highest paid regional.
Hope this helps and good luck to all of you at US Air!

ASA is the same as the aforementioned. Our contract does not go out 16 years, but hopefully you will not be flying at Express 1/10th of that time... Also, we are kind of hoping that your MEC raises the bar on RJ pay rates.

Although your contrition is a hoot.

Why would any of the regional pilots be angry? All ALPA is doing is negotiating to take their upgrades, their jobs, while giving nothing in return (no bidding rights at US Air) and denying them any input or vote in the contract that so seriously affects their pay and working conditions.

I know it is not your fault, but how would you feel if it were you?

Lets see the US Air MEC insults the wholly owned Express pilots, then scopes them, then takes their jobs and equipment using their own union as the knife. Why shouldn't they kill the messenger? Seems like self defense against a hostile predator to me.... Have fun in training, you guys are going to re-define CRM.

Glad you are not coming over to take my jet, I've got a mortgage and a family just like you.

Last edited:
that has been an thorn i my side

I honestly can't believe that our company is giving in to this gestopo (I have no idea if thats spelled correct) crap. By the grace of the great Mainline MEC we will give you jets now that it is convienient for them to do so. And if you don't let us fly them, one of our cheaper slave labor contract carriers like mesa will do it just to get more planes on the property. eventually pushing you out of virtually every market. Now that it directly effects thier own bottom line, there own family, they find it in there hearts to be generous.

jphc17,
Why don't you ask the question you're really looking for the answer to? "What are the US Airways SJ operators pay scales?" Is it not bad enough that you will take a seniority number above those operators furloughed pilots, but you want us to provide you with the information to help you figure out which airlines furloughed pilots you're going to screw? Buzz off.

jphc17, it is sad that you are being furloughed. I have a much more productive idea for you MEC. Allow mainline furloughs to fly at the bottom of the wholly owned airlines seniority list.This would keep USAir pilots flying during an extended furlough and it would not displace pilots with an ALPA seniority number. It is easier and cheaper to train them in the turbo prop aircraft as copilots which would save UsAir money. And, since these pilots would mostly be on reserve, it would be easier on the wholly owned airlines to replace them as they were called back to mainline. And of course the most important aspect, it would not create tremendous amounts of ill-will between the pilot groups and further the hypocrisy of mainline unions looking down on their regional affiliates as a revenue source with no repayment required. Of course this whole program would be optional and if a person just could not afford to work there then they could go out and find employment elsewhere

Man you guys are harsh. Of course I understand why. I was a dash driver for Allegheny for 3 years. I've been on the street since August. I made the unforunate mistake of leaving Allegheny and going to Midway a year ago. Good luck to all in my shoes. That is all I'm going to say about that.

Latest resources

Back