RJ delivery schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DairyAir

Just a question for all you Bombardier drivers. What kind of delivery schedule has your management been telling you. I have been hearing of 5 to 7 a month for some carriers, which I find interesting seeing as the current production rate up in Montrreal is about one every three days or ten per month. Is there another production line somewhere that I haven't heard about. It just seems to me that ten airframes a month will not satisfy the delivery schedules I have been hearing about.

Express One/NW Airlink

We are taking 2 44 seat CRJ's (CL-440) a month through 2002. I was told that if we get part of the options for 75 44-seaters, we could take up to 3-4 month? My understand is that Bombardier is pumping out approx 14 per month after 9-11. I think they said they could deliver up to 24? per month pre 9-11?
Correct me if I am wrong guys, but I think Comair is taking approx 4 per month, Skywest is 2-3 per month, ASA is 2-3 month, and ACA is 1-2 month? Not sure about Air Whiskey, Mesa, or Horizon.

Not sure if Comair is really 4/month as that is a little high. ASA still has to give back 3-4 of their RJ's. ASA is 3/month and every other month it will be 4 because of the 70 seater. There will be two 70 seaters on the property by Apr and arround 7 by Dec. All in all, we are getting 39 RJ's 40/50/70 seaters between Dec 01 and Dec 02. Additionally, we are now keeping more E-120's so things are going to get even more crouded around ASA country.

Tim:

Yesturday the maint. manager said we would have 4 700's by April 1, but one of those would be a spare. Three with one of those being a spare sounds about right - so somewhere around those numbers.

However, if we are getting that many "new" aircraft where are the "new" pilots to go with them?

Have you spent much time with that CRJ700? It is really quite different. All the changes you have heard about, plus big electrical and bleed system revisions. It also has an emergency flap, whatever that is. The avionics bay and aft equipment bay don't even look like the same airplane - it is a different bird. Kinda wonder how we are going to take in all the changes, plus sim time and a check ride in 6 days.

I really hope we get to keep that airplane. I think I'm in love, which is a bad thing in this industry - we should be professional - but that thing is Pam Anderson, Shania Twain and Jennifer Anniston all wrapped up in a thong and mini - T.

Best Regards,
~~~^~~~

Last edited:
Fins, Great news! My crashpad roomie (an RJ2 CPT) said 2 on line by Apr 1 and I didn't believe him. Guess I am buying the beer. I guess the extra deliveries are to get us back on schedule from the later part of last year?
Any news about the DALPA arbitration suit that went on last week. I think that in this case, no news is bad news for us at DCI. It is way too quiet on the western front. I too hope we get to keep them as I have been on the RJ bypass list for a year now and was hoping to move over in mar. Oh well, I guess I can dream. Does anyone know if there were any Delta mainline guys in the last BI. I have a buddy that is in that group and I will try to get ahold of him to find out. They finish BI on Friday. They are putting a bunch of the guys in the E120 as they are now for some reason short of E120 FO's????

Like I have said many times, if you don't like what is going on in the industry, just wait a minute and things will change!

Fins,

I have read that the CRJ700 has more in common with the CRJ900 than the 50 seat CRJ you're on now. Do you have any idea whether this airplane will perform better out of hot and high places than the 50 seater? The UAX carriers have been slow to introduce the 50 seater west of DEN, and I've heard it's because of performance. I believe it too since I've taken off in a 737-300 behind a CRJ and their ground roll was definately longer than ours(we were full DEN-IND).

Depends on what engines the Skywest guys have. If they are the same ones Comair has, that explains the longer takeoff role. ASA has the higher HP engines and is able to take off in shorter distances (I think-remember I am an dumba$$ ATR Guy) . The 70 seater is even better because of the many new aerodynamic features like leading edge slats and way new engines that it's predicesors dont have. It will be able to take off and land in the same distance as the E120. And well over twice the payload. Hope DCI gets to keep em. We should here something soon from DALPA.

Latest resources

Back