• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ricci Ruse/Handschuch Hustle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GC, I do understand that 10/140 is a pay increase for the majority of Onesky pilots but you and the rest need to understand that is is not for a good portion of us. The next question I have is what work rules do the Options pilots have with the 1108 that are better than what Flex pilots have without? I know that the twitch response is that what y'all have is locked in and "can't be changed by an email on Friday afternoon". But really what is so different?

The difference, is that our written CBA can be enforced. How did your written employment "contract" with the STIP bonus work out for you? Do you think that Kenn Ricci will suddenly give you more, out of the goodness of his heart? Heck, what you have now, is mostly due to Netjets and to Bombardier's desire to diminish the threat of a union at Flexjet. Is Kenn Ricci paying the G-450 pilots more than the Challenger 605 pilots already make? Do you really think that will suddenly change? Get real, you don't work for Bombardier any more, you now work for Kenn Ricci/DAC, and you haven't even worked for him without the threat of a union hanging over his head yet. The union can't promise you anything other than our contract will only be as good as our solidarity. So quit your whining and help build that solidarity instead of asking what's in it for ME and wanting things that you aren't willing to work for. Do you even wear or display any pro-union bling? When was the last time you saw any Netjets pilot without their union support bling? I guess it is somewhat understandable given Kenn Ricci's history of randomly firing pro-union at-will employees, but too many Flexjet pilots live in fear and are afraid to openly show their support, even though I know a lot of them secretly do. Is this really how you want to spend the rest of your career? I sure hope that changes after the vote, because the only guarantee is that if we don't overwhelmingly vote YES and garner some real solidarity, then there will be nothing left worth fighting for at Flexjet/Options/OneSky.

Last edited:
GC, I do understand that 10/140 is a pay increase for the majority of Onesky pilots but you and the rest need to understand that is is not for a good portion of us. The next question I have is what work rules do the Options pilots have with the 1108 that are better than what Flex pilots have without? I know that the twitch response is that what y'all have is locked in and "can't be changed by an email on Friday afternoon". But really what is so different?

Hank, the only reason the Flex pilos have not had a bigger pay cut, is the threat of the Flex pilots unionizing. It sounds like you are not a union supporter, but you are already enjoying the benefits.

Hank, if you want to hear a more balanced account of what the real issues and problems are at Flexjet/FO, you need to go elsewhere…..this board hosts an unrelenting stream of IBT zealots who regurgitate their bile, half(third)truths, and propagate the BIG LIE.
Regards,

WL/RH/BIGFOOT...

Hank, if you want to hear a more balanced account of what the real issues and problems are at Flexjet/FO, you need to go elsewhere?..this board hosts an unrelenting stream of IBT zealots who regurgitate their bile, half(third)truths, and propagate the BIG LIE.
Regards,

WL/RH/BIGFOOT...

Do you really want to go there? About lying?

Hank, Handscrew keeps insisting the union put in writing exactly what the seniority list will be when the SLI is done. SLI involves a negotiation, therefore it is impossible to say exactly what the final list will be. Since he demands the impossible from the union, it is absolutely fair that we pilots demand he live up to that same standard! He is, after all, the one who set that as the standard.

Hank, if you want to hear a more balanced account of what the real issues and problems are at Flexjet/FO, you need to go elsewhere?..

What you really mean, is to go somewhere that nobody can or will contest the outright lies and half truths that management will tell. If you haven't figured it out already, Kenn likes to surround himself with bobble headed yes-men. If what management has to say is so true and righteous, then it should be be able to stand up to a little scrutiny. So, why won't they let the Flight Options pilots on Yammer to question them? Why wouldn't Kenn Ricci debate the union? Why has it been over a month since Kenn Ricci's filmed his "un-edited" interview and it still hasn't been released? Maybe Kenn is too busy getting more military training? The real truth is that management's account of the issues can't stand up to the light of day, unless they go unchallenged.

Hank, Handscrew keeps insisting the union put in writing exactly what the seniority list will be when the SLI is done. SLI involves a negotiation, therefore it is impossible to say exactly what the final list will be. Since he demands the impossible from the union, it is absolutely fair that we pilots demand he live up to that same standard! He is, after all, the one who set that as the standard.

See there you "union" lovers go misspelling his name again. When are you gonna learn it's not spelled the way it sounds?

Make an effort to be correct please. It's Handskrew.

I believe it's dutch in origin. You know, Amsterdam where prostitution is an accepted part of culture and "smokin' and drankin'" King Kenn's special blend really messes with your senses and vision.

Seriously though a concern from another board I read is the issue of SLI arbitration. If we go non-union the way Handskrew is suggesting and SLI ends up in arbitration, who will pay the Flexjet costs? The union side answered honestly and said we would have to pay ourselves while Flops would still have funds available through the IBT since single carrier was started by them while they were still members.

That is a potential, actually likely, scenario because IMHO both sides will have lost their motivation to unite as a single group with the IBT to foster any real unity. Ricci certainly won't encourage cohesiveness because his entire plan rests on division and acrimony. Unity is probably Ricci's biggest fear but he is using the "sheep and cheap" mentality of pilots to further his agenda of no union. Easy pickings for our Flexjet group.

So in that likely scenario why doesn't management commit right now to funding arbitration costs for Flex pilots. Afterall, doing so certainly would quickly prove Rick's arguments. Hell it might even make me wonder if I've got it all wrong.

Or is the smoking gun that proves his lies the fact he won't commit to it? Remember, he'll argue management is already implementing SLI but that's not really true. They are implementing list transfers. Integration can only legally happen through committee and management is purposefully shut out of the process under MB.

Can someone please ask this question directly?

See there you "union" lovers go misspelling his name again. When are you gonna learn it's not spelled the way it sounds?

Make an effort to be correct please. It's Handskrew.

I believe it's dutch in origin. You know, Amsterdam where prostitution is an accepted part of culture and "smokin' and drankin'" King Kenn's special blend really messes with your senses and vision.

Seriously though a concern from another board I read is the issue of SLI arbitration. If we go non-union the way Handskrew is suggesting and SLI ends up in arbitration, who will pay the Flexjet costs? The union side answered honestly and said we would have to pay ourselves while Flops would still have funds available through the IBT since single carrier was started by them while they were still members.

That is a potential, actually likely, scenario because IMHO both sides will have lost their motivation to unite as a single group with the IBT to foster any real unity. Ricci certainly won't encourage cohesiveness because his entire plan rests on division and acrimony. Unity is probably Ricci's biggest fear but he is using the "sheep and cheap" mentality of pilots to further his agenda of no union. Easy pickings for our Flexjet group.

So in that likely scenario why doesn't management commit right now to funding arbitration costs for Flex pilots. Afterall, doing so certainly would quickly prove Rick's arguments. Hell it might even make me wonder if I've got it all wrong.

Or is the smoking gun that proves his lies the fact he won't commit to it? Remember, he'll argue management is already implementing SLI but that's not really true. They are implementing list transfers. Integration can only legally happen through committee and management is purposefully shut out of the process under MB.

Can someone please ask this question directly?

Ok, so what, Ricci pays for your arbitration after the union is voted out, the arbitrator does SLI for both groups. question: If your now senior to the FOK's in lets say anything big (more money), do you really think Ricci is gonna displace an junior FOK for you? Do you really think Ricci is gonna pay your by-pass-pay for you to fly a beechjet? See after 18 years here, I/we know the answer. Once arbitrator is done and gone, and no union (or vote), when Ricci doesn't abide by the rulling who is gonna fund a lawsuit against Ricci, You, Me?

oh and BTW, its small, but it all adds up, if a union is gone, so is your pay for parking perk. That was gone in 24hrs after the merger with RTA

Latest resources

Back