Resign Seniority at EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LittleDeuce

Does anyone know if EJA still requires seniority resignation?

I have heard they are not pushing it recently.

Thanks.

Yes, I believe they do. I was told directly by one of the recruiting folks that they take a real hard look at a persons intentions here. The letter of resignation per se is not taken seriously, so what, if they (major airline) wants you back they'll just tear up the resignation letter anyway and will you go back? They got burned bad by a bunch of Comair folks.

tj

I just finished initial sim training and my partner, a USAir furloughee, has not signed a 'seniority resignation' letter. He is scheduled for indoc next week. They may ask him then, but hey, he's already got the type rating - so what can they do!

resign seniority

From what I have seen and heard both personally and through other pilots is that EJA will have you sign a seniority resignation letter. This will go to your previous employeer and union.

I believe that you are still required to sign a training contract for two years for the amount of your type rating. (The ultra is $13.5k, and the citiaion X is over $30K) When I interviewed two years ago it was the first think discussed in the interview. I have not heard to what extent EJA will pursue reimbursement for training costs if you break the contract. It is prorated over two years, 100% due if you leave within the first 12 months, 50% due if you leave with in 24 months of hire date. I dont think it matters if you go to sim or indoc first.

EJA wants to hire and train people who are in for the long haul, not just a place to get a pay check while on furlough. Read everything they give you and think about what you are signing. EJA is a great place to work and will only get better you won't be sorry!

The real deal

I am furloughed from one of the Big 3 airlines and I have been with EJA for a short time. I was asked in the interview if I would resign my seniority and I said I would and was planning on doing just that. However, since then I have not heard another word about it. The only thing I have signed at EJA is my training contract. I will agree with the above post. I am online now and loving every minute of this job. The people are really fun to work with and the equipment is unbelievable. I truly enjoy working here and except for the pay I'm in no hurry to get back to the majors. If this next contract is good enough I may never go back. So in summation, as of now they are not asking for any kind of seniority resignation.

Latest resources

Back