• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserve at ATA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The training contract is $24K for 24 months. It decreases by $1K per month starting at the completion of IOE. If you skip town before the 24 months is over, ATA will sell the "debt" to a collection agency. Then they start hammering you for the funds and can hit your credit rating for delinquent (sp?) payment. I had two friends in my class leave after only a year here and they used a lawyer to bargain the debt down to a lower figure (which I don't know).

-ed

Just under 1000.

Ed, Brad & Pickle,

Thank you very much for all the info. I appreciate you guys taking the time. 10 days and counting...I can't wait.

Hello again,

I guess the interview went OK on Wednesday because I start L-1011 class on July 8. I gotta go to work now, but I'll try to recap the interview when i get home Sunday!

Scott

I asked this question a few weeks ago and never got an answer so I'll try again. You guys who are getting ATA interviews; were you in a pool after applying some time ago, do you have a connection, did you just walk in the door; how did you get an interview when no openings are posted on the website? Fwiw, I sent them my resume a while back; maybe I'll send another.

Any info would be appreciated.

Congrats on the job offer Scott.

Welcome to ATA and the "Tri-Pig"(L1011)...sorry...just a little humor from us "Light Twin" (757) drivers.

With your C-141 experience you should be pretty familiar already with the places you will be going on the L10.

It's a good time to get on with ATA. You are going to see a major shift upwards in compensation and other contractual issues. As of today we only have a few major sections left to close this contract (retirement, retroactivity).

Welcome aboard....always nice to see another seniority below you:D

Yes, Dave Lindskoog is still the Chief Pilot.

Congrats Scott! Ignore the disparaging remarks by ATA75Pilot. The TriStar is the queen of the fleet. Anybody can fly one of those light twin electric jets. Glad to hear they're having more classes on the L1011. Puts people junior to me on the airplane, and perhaps signals that it won't be retired so quickly.

Anyway, congrats again and have fun in Atlanta.

Brad

I sent in a resume in February of 2001 and got an application package about a month later. Sent it in April 2001. I had a friend add a recommendation letter and check in with the hiring department every few months. No interviewing or hiring from 6/01 to 5/02. Got a new app in the mail in March of 2002 - told to update my job info and flight times. Got called for an interview on May 23rd.

Keep sending resumes, they screen off of them and send out apps to people that interest them.

reepicheep said:
I asked this question a few weeks ago and never got an answer so I'll try again. You guys who are getting ATA interviews; were you in a pool after applying some time ago, do you have a connection, did you just walk in the door; how did you get an interview when no openings are posted on the website? Fwiw, I sent them my resume a while back; maybe I'll send another.

Any info would be appreciated.

Latest resources

Back