Requal after extended absence

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1031Guy

I'm looking for information on what type of training other airlines put their pilots through when returning from an extended absence/furlough.

More specifically if that person was gone for 2+ years, didn't fly while away, and returning to the same equipment.

Thx.

I'm looking for information on what type of training other airlines put their pilots through when returning from an extended absence/furlough.

More specifically if that person was gone for 2+ years, didn't fly while away, and returning to the same equipment.

Thx.

Anything more than 2 years and you get the privilege of going through a new hire class again.

In the situation of a furlough...there have been many examples of pilots that did not "turn a wheel" in 2-5 years..whatever it may be and they were fine. Most you talk to say how quick it comes back...actually it never left them. Most companies understand that situation too..that is why they call it train to profeciency.

Start reviewing the basic systems and any changes that might have happened with regs, ect. Start getting your mind thinking about it again and write down any "refresher" type subjects you may have for class...see you back on the line.

I've been off 2 1/2 years and was told 3 days ground school, two sims and a check ride. I am terrified!

I've been off 2 1/2 years and was told 3 days ground school, two sims and a check ride. I am terrified!

As someone already mentioned above, everything comes back surprisingly quick once you're back in the environment.

Going back to the same equipment you were on when you left is a big plus as well. You'll be fine.

Hit the books...know the flows and get ready for a pc before you even show up...then you can clarify any questions in ground school...

flying part?...like riding a bike.

Latest resources

Back