• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic wins the auction!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WN did it's level best to subvert mandated legislation on SLI, and then tried to rationalize it under the guise of "maintaining labor harmony".
It's a pretty weak argument, and it didn't work.
actually it did work. SWA labor is still harmonious. it really isn't subverting the legislation since we didn't buy them. thus, no M/B to trigger.

maybe you don't think the SWA culture is valuable, Gary Kelly disagrees and good on him.

My ego is just fine dude. Our CEO said no labor agreement, no deal. Simple as that. My opinion (which i think im allowed to have) saw this as a good opportunity for both pilot groups. Obviously FAPA did not agree with SWAPA, and it's over. I don't think the majority thought it was in the bag at all. Most of us wanted to protect our entire seniority list and expected resistance to that. I know its hard to believe but after 3 years here, it seems they do care about us. Sure its a bit negative with negotiations going on, but that's typical. Wishing us the best with furloughs is out of line dude, so I wish you the best working for a regional, been there, done that, ill never do that again ;) I'm sure the Midwest guys are so happy for you!

Thank goodness I got out of the airline business... Personally, I was very disappointed with how the SWA pilots viewed and regarded the "lowly" F9 pilots. How magninimous of you to offer these F9 pilots a genuine career... Give me a break. First you trash the ATA pilots and now you completely disrespect the F9 pilots. Do you see a trend? I do. I wish the F9 pilots luck and hope that Republic can handle the transition professionally...

I am happy to fly my Challenger 300 right past you corn dogs. BTW, flying to Hawaii, Europe and the Caribbean is great! Enjoy your ELP-LAS-PHX-SJC-LAX patterns.

Well said! The last time I saw this kind of arrogance was the United pilot group circa 1999 (OK part of the USairways group as well). Its one thing to look out for ones interests and yet another to want to totally reem another group of pilots then whistle dixie.

Last edited:
Well said! The last time I saw this kind of arrogance was the United pilot group circa 1999 (OK part of the USairways group as well). Its one thing to look out for ones interests and yet another to want to totally reem another group of pilots then whistle dixie.

Actually, I think this shows what a great culture SWA has. Reem? It was merely an offer. F9 declined, no deal. What's the problem? A Reem would have been if this was forced down F9's throat. It was not.

The irony is that if F9 does not realize a rosy future with RAH, then there will be those who will still be blaming SWA for not offering the F9 pilots a better deal. All this was is a simple choice. Not a reem job.

My ego is just fine dude. Our CEO said no labor agreement, no deal. Simple as that. My opinion (which i think im allowed to have) saw this as a good opportunity for both pilot groups. Obviously FAPA did not agree with SWAPA, and it's over. I don't think the majority thought it was in the bag at all. Most of us wanted to protect our entire seniority list and expected resistance to that. I know its hard to believe but after 3 years here, it seems they do care about us. Sure its a bit negative with negotiations going on, but that's typical. Wishing us the best with furloughs is out of line dude, so I wish you the best working for a regional, been there, done that, ill never do that again ;) I'm sure the Midwest guys are so happy for you!

A word of advice to the brothers at Southwest: At one time the pilots at Delta, American, and United were invincible also. Never say never in the airline biz. Being on top today, means nothing tomorrow.

You are going to base your assumption of 6000 swa pilots on the coments of about 10 folks. Good one.

republic cant run frontier seperate it goes against the pilot and fas contract. it must be one seniority list. also curious whats gonna happen with the midwest/frontier codeshare.

Thank goodness I got out of the airline business... Personally, I was very disappointed with how the SWA pilots viewed and regarded the "lowly" F9 pilots. How magninimous of you to offer these F9 pilots a genuine career... Give me a break. First you trash the ATA pilots and now you completely disrespect the F9 pilots. Do you see a trend? I do. I wish the F9 pilots luck and hope that Republic can handle the transition professionally...

I am happy to fly my Challenger 300 right past you corn dogs. BTW, flying to Hawaii, Europe and the Caribbean is great!
Enjoy your ELP-LAS-PHX-SJC-LAX patterns.

Bragging about how cool you think you are because of the airframe your boss bought & the destinations they want to go to is really lame.

As a furloughed F9 guy who doesn't expect to be recalled for a long time, I have been in favor of the RAH deal eversince the initial LUV bid came in. Rah isn't the greatest deal but at least it preserves jobs (not just union workers) and could allow growth into different markets. Of course, F9 could get blindsided in this deal since Bedford is sneaky.

Frontier has been fighting the good fight against LUV for a couple years in Denver and has the numbers to prove it. From what I've seen and heard in the last week, it looks like the F9 pilots are more motivated than ever to put a big dent in LUVs operation in Denver with the help of RAH.

By the way, the only time I applied to LUV was after I got my furlough notice from F9. A staple with WN would have been completely unfair. Not everybody wants to work for LUV.

Rah guys, my previous posts may have been harsh against RAH so I will by ya all beers if ever get back to flying for F9/RAH.

Latest resources

Back