• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No thanks, I think I'll keep speaking truth to idiots.

Nope, not really. I'm no fan of reverend dipsh!t, but he's not responsible. The mainline carriers placing unreasonable demands on cost control for their feeders are to blame. With what the mainline carriers are willing to pay, Bedford can't give you the contract that you want. It's that simple. So blame Delta and United.

Nope, not really. I'm no fan of reverend dipsh!t, but he's not responsible. The mainline carriers placing unreasonable demands on cost control for their feeders are to blame. With what the mainline carriers are willing to pay, Bedford can't give you the contract that you want. It's that simple. So blame Delta and United.

Doesn't Bedford keep all the soft time in the Air Services Agreement for himself though? ( I'm asking. I don't know).

Pretty sure nobody forced BB to bid as low as he did to win the RFP, and if he hadn't bid so low then the mainline carriers would have had to pay more to get that flying covered.

Looks like National isn't going to send out the Last, Final. Good luck folks and hope it turns out for the best. The Reverend needs to pay a livable wage, especially with a shortage on the way.

Pretty sure nobody forced BB to bid as low as he did to win the RFP, and if he hadn't bid so low then the mainline carriers would have had to pay more to get that flying covered.

Two choices for the reverend:

1. Bid what the mainline carrier demands and get some flying at a 1% profit margin; or

2. Refuse to bid at what mainline demands, lose all the flying, and RJET goes out of business.

Which do you think was the better move?

Two choices for the reverend:

1. Bid what the mainline carrier demands and get some flying at a 1% profit margin; or

2. Refuse to bid at what mainline demands, lose all the flying, and RJET goes out of business.

Which do you think was the better move?

Mainline has to cover the flying so he doesn't need to lowball the bid and lead the race to the bottom. There are many regionals with higher pay and benefits than Republic that have won RFP's even though they refused to bid bottom of the barrel to get it.

Latest resources

Back