• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

herve B.

Hi everybody.

I call everybody to react to these Internet pages :
http://www.check-six.com/Specimens/specimen-catalogue.htm
This website is selling airplane relics collected from sites where people dead, under the pretext of permit everybody to own a piece of the aviation heritage.

I think this way of process is abject for at least two reasons :
- These pieces merit more their place on the crash site round a stele or in a museum than scattered in particular homes.
- The process to sell human drama as heroïsm and glory of the men who lived it is totally painful.

It is not very honoring to make business with these remains which are pieces of the national proud and heritage. I understand make business is in the american way of live but I think its a shame for the US goverment to agree this business !

I call every reader of this message to send a message to the owners of this website (mailto:[email protected]) telling how we are sick to see these webpages. I answer everybody to make all it is possible for him and for him friends to fight this process before it groves and it makes children in Europe.

Thanks to everybody.

Hervé BRUN.
www.cocardes.com

Disgusting

Dear Herve,

Thank you for bringing this disgusting activity to my attention. You can bet I am going to send a very angry email to those subhumanoids.

One of my best friends died in a plane crash last year. Imagine the pain it would cause his family and friends to see the accident commercialized? I know I would be devastated to see this. I was devastated enough at the loss of one of my favorite friends who was such a wonderful person. This would only make matters WORSE for those affected by those accidents.

This is callous and disgusting! I hope everyone writes to these slimeballs and tells off.

Fly safe,

Kilomike

I'm in. I just sent emails to both of this puke's addresses. I told him when he went I was going to sell a hunk of his dead carcass on Ebay, but I doubt I could even get a dollar.

Disgusting.

Crash relics

I agree with the above, that's pretty sick. I had a friend die in an aircraft accident fourteen years ago. Stuff like that desecrates the victims' memories. I realize that Chuck Yeager survived the NF-104 accident.

Compare it to carting home a piece of the World Trade Center. :(

I'm in too.

This is sick.

Specimen Collection?

My friends and family who have died in plane crashes are NOT specimens, nor is the wreckage they died in.

Consider the nasty mail sent.

Ravengirl

Possibly in poor taste, possibly not...

Hi Guys and Gals,
Before you start flaming me, please consider that I have also lost some very close friends in military and civilian plane crashes. From seeing a 19-year old flying buddy killed in a Beech 18 that had a load of newspapers shift and then stalling, crashing within minutes of my waving a "c'ya later Chris" wave. To loosing half my class of six aircrewman to helicopter crashes. I was involved in a Class "A" mishap myself that resulted in one of the pilots being medically retired, and the rest of us wound up hospitalized with various injuries.
Having said all that I personally am not offended by the fact that someone recovered the aircraft remains, however, I am somewhat at a loss as to why the government would allow the items to be sold. I can only assume that because of statutory limits that the remains are salvage to anyone that claims it. This is similar in fashion to the team that recovered items from the Titanic and sold them at auction. In fact, this is really no different than divers salvaging items from suken ships, however unfortunate and tragic the circumstances. What these folks are doing is not unprecedented. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm trying to present it in a different light.
Approaching it from a historical aspect, these aircraft and the crews that flew them, and lost their lives will live on in the memories of those that knew them and even in the minds of the folks that purchase these items. It might be more palatable if some of the proceeds went to a find for the families, but these accidents occured many years ago. Some of you may recall the "Lady be Good" a USAAF B-24D that overflew it's base in North Africa and ran out of fuel. The remains weren't discovered for nearly 30 years and a display is dedicated to these brave gentlemen at hte USAF museum at Wright-Patterson AFB. Aviation archeology is something that is relatively unknown to but a few individuals. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail and realize that no disrespect was or is intended by these people. Of course, this is only my opinion.
To those of you that have lost a friend or a loved one in an aviation mishap, I empathize with you and not a day goes by that I don't think of some of those men.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Stupid

This is not so much offensive as stupid.

You are going to pay money for this little shard of metal that could have come from anywhere to honor or memorialize what. To call this a piece of aviation heritage, looks like a nice plague.

Latest resources

Back