Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
This is the title of an article in the latest issue of AIRLINE PILOT (ALPA Magazine)

In this article, the author attempts to address the issue of ALPA staff compensation during these tough times for ALPA pilots. In short, the pilots want to know what kind of bang they're getting for their dues.

"In recognition of the sensitivity of this issue with our members, an Executive Council subcommittee was formed earlier this year to 'study the issues regarding pay of all ALPA employees, including ALPA management employees.'"

The subcommittee was was comprised of 3 ALPA Executive V.P.s (in an effort to be fair and impartial, I'm sure) who worked with ALPA's GM and the Director of ALPA's HR department.

For 100 points: What kind of conclusion do you think 5 ALPA employees will come to regarding the pay and compensation of ALPA Staffers?

If you guessed it would be an ALPA friendly response, you guessed right! In short, the subcommittee reported its "findings" (Which were a HUGE surprise) to the Executive Council and found that ALPA's staff compensation plan is rational, fair, and reasonable.

Clearly, ALPA national thinks the average line pilot is a moron. If this isn't a bold and brazen case of Executive Back Scratching, I don't know what is!

I'd personally be communicating with my reps to challenge Officer pay for ALPA at ALL levels. Alas, they'd probably calm any of your concerns by referring you to the "conclusive" results of this "un-biased" study.

The subcommittee was was comprised of 3 ALPA Executive V.P.s (in an effort to be fair and impartial, I'm sure) who worked with ALPA's GM and the Director of ALPA's HR department.

And since this study is outside the guidelines of thier normal line of work, they got extra compensation to complete this study.
Which they also agreed was "fair compensation".

Knock Knock...Who's there??
ALPA!
ALPA who!?
ALPA SUCKS!!!

For 100 points: What kind of conclusion do you think 5 ALPA employees will come to regarding the pay and compensation of ALPA Staffers?

Actually, none of the ALPA Executive Vice-Presidents are ALPA employees.

I'd personally be communicating with my reps to challenge Officer pay for ALPA at ALL levels. Alas, they'd probably calm any of your concerns by referring you to the "conclusive" results of this "un-biased" study.

None of the ALPA officers, except the president, are employees. They get reimbursed whatever their line is worth.

Actually, none of the ALPA Executive Vice-Presidents are ALPA employees.

None of the ALPA officers, except the president, are employees. They get reimbursed whatever their line is worth.
My mistake then...they are not direct employees of ALPA. Still, appointing 5 guys with ALPA pins on their chest to investigate ALPA affairs is a conflict of interest.

What a dog and pony show.

Latest resources

Back