Reliant airline closing the doors ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freight business

Read an article yesterday about the wet lease freight business really taking a beating. Said the B727 lift capacity is really taking it hard. Express One is doing adhoc as are others who are trying to pick up what they can. Atlas is considering smaller aircraft in their fleet.

RFD huh....

UPS happens to have a pretty big operation there at night. Wonder if another company is starting up to provide freight charters for when the Airbus's break down...sorry, couldn't resist.

From what I hear, the aircraft that went to RFD are going to be mothballed for 1 year by the Bank. They feel that in a year they will be able to get more for them on the market than they can right now. It is a sad day for Reliant and all of their employees. They have alot of good people there. I worked their for a little over a year when the place was really hoppin. I believe that all of the Falcons were paid for. They must have been used for collateral. I heard, from several sources that the bank would not even talk to them.

Good luck to all,

Corp Pilot

FedEx stopped operating its second nightly bank of flts in Indy that Reliant was flying in support of. The product was called ExtraHours and the volume just wasn't there at this time. It's really too bad for everyone.

joe

Did Grand Aire close down too? I saw one of their airplanes at PHX a couple of days ago. Got talking about it, and someone said they thought Grand was OTS. Still flying?

Latest resources

Back