• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REJECTED by 83%!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Says the guys gladly flying 15 of our 900's around.

Voting in a contract that still paid me $100,000 last year and bought us some time....

I'm not wasting too much time on an anonymous board discussing stuff with guys who just don't get it - but allow me to make a simple point as I'm interested in your response (not really).

All you did by "buying us some time" was create more substandard jobs at the regional level. Do you realize the implications of that? You're eliminating BETTER PAYING jobs at the next level which is extremely ironic considering you're reasoning (of ultimately going to DAL). You've done NOTHING but give Delta a reason to outsource its flying of 100 seat airplanes INSTEAD of hiring you and you're coworkers to do it while wearing a shiny new Delta ID badge.

Best of luck with your endeavors in this industry.

I'm not wasting too much time on an anonymous board discussing stuff with guys who just don't get it - but allow me to make a simple point as I'm interested in your response (not really).

All you did by "buying us some time" was create more substandard jobs at the regional level. Do you realize the implications of that? You're eliminating BETTER PAYING jobs at the next level which is extremely ironic considering you're reasoning (of ultimately going to DAL). You've done NOTHING but give Delta a reason to outsource its flying of 100 seat airplanes INSTEAD of hiring you and you're coworkers to do it while wearing a shiny new Delta ID badge.

Best of luck with your endeavors in this industry.

Shove it up your ass

ExpressJet pilots:

Next time you find yourself in the hotel van with a crew from a regional that voted for concessions; look them in the eye and shake their hand then look at their flight attendant and give her a little wink cause she knows she is flying with a couple of pu&%#'s.

You should see some Endavor turds....throwing bags and being extra helpful....perhaps hoping DL will put a nice note in their file--Hire THIS guy!!

Suck it yourself. No one made anywhere near 100k at Colgancrashsaba on that contract.

In 2013 most of the top guys didn't take a hit because of the longevity payout, they will easily make 100,000. This year the top guys will still make six figures if they pick up a couple four days.

Seriously guys, XJT had a good day. We all know that 9E has a concessionary contract. Start up another thread if it's that important to you. Congrads again XJT.

I didn't know we had the power to "create jobs" that were lowering paying. If it is as simple as you seem to think just fight the good fight, stand up for the highest wage and see how it works out for you at the regional level.

I predict that when Expressjet is put in the same position as Pinnacle they will preserve their jobs just like anyone would. They will then blame 9E which kind of sounds familiar to us blaming go-jets, etc.

I didn't know we had the power to "create jobs" that were lowering paying. If it is as simple as you seem to think just fight the good fight, stand up for the highest wage and see how it works out for you at the regional level.

I predict that when Expressjet is put in the same position as Pinnacle they will preserve their jobs just like anyone would. They will then blame 9E which kind of sounds familiar to us blaming go-jets, etc.

Never mind there will be thousands less regional jobs. The poster who said that was just responding on reflex. More evidence he's probably being a troll.

XJT has a little more leeway to get paid more since their parent company is actually raking in money. Ours was burning it as fast as they could find it.

Mesaba (me included) used to blame 9E and everyone else (other than Eagle and ASA) for bringing the industry down when our concessionary contract was still worth more than both of their voted in contract (or in colgan's case, whatever was offered). Now we're all in the same sinking ship.

Good news is our gamble has worked somewhat. 1,100 guys off property (hopefully) somewhere with brighter futures. We'll all be gone somewhere else soon. Just got to stay off unemployment until that happens.

My sincere respect.

Congratulations to everyone at Expressjet and ASA.
Take a moment and know that you have just bonded into a group. It doesn't happen very often and it is as important as integrity.
Move forward as a unified group and I wish you all the best.
Highest regards, PSA driver

Latest resources

Back