• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional selection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to clarify some discrepancies. Air Wisconsin has NOT started recalls in any fashion. I repeat, NO RECALLS. I know because I am sitting on furlough. With Bombardier on strike, we will not be recieving our RJs on schedule either so who knows how that will affect recalls (except in a negative way). There were 39 pilots furloughed October 15, 2001 and there are still 39 furloughed. I apologize for being a bit harsh but it greatly DISCOURAGES me when pilots at my own airline are so misinformed while I sit collecting "food stamps". I had a 146 FO tell me 2 months ago that all furloughees had been recalled "a while ago". This was said to me when I was non-reving....unbelievable.

Last edited:
boscenter must be smoking crack. Eagle is the worst. (I'm currently furloughed from there.) Crew scheduling goes out of their way to make life miserable. The pay stinks, and pay comp "forgets" "accidently lost" (and other excuses) to pay you for the work you did. You have to watch your times and go over your paycheck like a CPA just to get paid for the work you did. Management is comprised of idiots that also make life there suck. They are constantly sending e-mail that are morale killers - changing hotels at outstations to crappier flea bags, don't do this, stop doing that; they even tried to restrict access to bottled water to the pilots in San Juan. Don't even get me started. I'll shut up before I write a dissertation.

I'm trying to get on at ASA, but I may never go back to flying professionally. I went back to my pre-flying profession when I was furloughed and I'm making good money (low 6 figures), home all the time with the family, etc..

Good God, MacDaddy! What's your old (and now current profession)? And more importantly, do you have any openings???

chill out dude

Hey awacoff,

Sorry to if I put out inaccurate info but I was under the impression that twenty of the furloughed pilots were awarded D328 positions, as far as training dates go your guess is as good as mine. This was the latest info I had and if it is incorrect again I offer my sincere apologies. However I believe the "It Makes Me Sick" comment was a bit out of line.

How about NWAirlink, since no one mentioned them?

Depends on whether your talking about Express I or Mesaba.
At Mesaba we are pretty stagnant right now. No forseeable growth in the near future but the pay, workrules, and schedules are still above average even though our contract is six years old (we're in negotiations as we speak).

Don't know much about the pay, etc. at Express, but they are growing like a weed and will soon be all jet with all the canadairs they're getting.

skydiverdriver said:
I wouldn't leave here for anywhere but Delta or UPS, personally.

I about fell out of my chair when I read this.... SDD, you want to join the dark side and help harm Comair pilots career's?! ;)

Seriously though, I hope it's soon then later that you get the chance.....

If you're timeline is the end of next year, CoEx (whoops, I mean ExpressJet) should be hiring by then. We are taking delivery of too many RJs this and next year to have the furloughed guys still on the street by then. Hopefully we will have a better contract in place (openers this October) and of course being an all-jet fleet should tempt you as well.

What's the scoop on Sky West? I'm a west coast kid and would love to work closer to there when the time comes, although I would love to fly anywhere. Non-union? How does that affect things? Pay? Treatment? Competitive times?

I'd agree that American Eagle is not the place you want to start with now. I'm on furlough as well, and as pissed as any other Eaglet, unfortunately. However, some of the good things were that there were no (zero) CDOs while I was there, although I have heard these have returned recently? Also, most of the overnights were well above the minimums, I'd say with about 15 hours being the average, and many longer than that. This too, I have heard, has changed for the worse though. Man, it seems to be going even further downhill at a faster rate!:(

Latest resources

Back