• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

regional lifers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I worked for Trans States in the mid-90's...that was great incentive to not be a "lifer". I don't know what it's like there now. Everyone has their own sense of what's best for them though.

How much money do you need to be happy? One day you will actually realize that there is more to life than a fat paycheck. I left a close to six digit income when I decided to be a pilot and I have never looked back, AND I have never been happier than I am at my regional. As others have stated....quality of life.

When you look at a "lifer" from the outside I think they(the lifers) are chuckling all the way to the bank. They live in the country and in a place that is cheap to live. They have great senority, and passes for the whole family anywhere in the world. They stay under the majic 70K line which means taxes are not the struggle that anyone with over 70K struggles with. The key is their expenses are low they are home every night and they get to walk their dog out in the country. Plus when they want deer season off everyone smiles and they don't sneer and accuse you of killing bambi. Being a "lifer" just might not be that bad......

Latest resources

Back