Reasons We Fly.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A1FlyBoy

Last evening the weather was beautiful... unlimited vis and zero clouds. My student's commercial training flight was wraping up and we headed the Seminole back to our home base airport. At 4,500' and about 40 miles out, we were established in bound, my student was ready for his checkride and the sun was setting... one of the huge orange glowing sunsets that can only be appreciated at altitude or on a beach in Florida.

I love what I do and can't wait for it to get even better!:)

CAVU

On the other hand, take a mid-August day in Florida when vis is three in haze, you don't feel as if you put on enough deodorant, and you're doing low-altitude work and emergencies. :(

Then, again, take 100 mile vis in Colorado on a crisp fall day and be able to see Pikes Peak as you approach Denver from the east. :)

Or taking your student on a night cross-country from Prescott to Tucson on a crisp, clear night, flying over Phoenix en route. :)

Nothing like the taxi out in 90 degree heat in a hot airplane with your 5th student in the hot FL summer..... learned to hold the piper door open with my foot.:D

still, the view of the Ocean from high above looked great..

not to mention any bikinis we could spot from that altitude!

A1FlyBoy said:
Last evening the weather was beautiful... unlimited vis and zero clouds. My student's commercial training flight was wraping up and we headed the Seminole back to our home base airport. At 4,500' and about 40 miles out, we were established in bound, my student was ready for his checkride and the sun was setting... one of the huge orange glowing sunsets that can only be appreciated at altitude or on a beach in Florida.

I love what I do and can't wait for it to get even better!:)

What evening was this, the last few days have been horrible. I watched even Instrument pilots weathered in.

Oh well tommarrow should be good, heading to Lakeland to do some quiet flying.

Latest resources

Back