• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH Official Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Legacy management will probably try to sacrifice a regional(or two) out there claiming this will happen to all the rest of you if you don't agree to the terms. However they can't afford to do that to all the regionals. It's going to get tough, management is addicted to cheap labor, they won't go down without a fight and there will be casualties. right now, nobody is scared and that's why pilots have the upper hand.

Last I knew, the public doesn't decide what markets get or lose service.
You are an I D I O T , case closed.

Methinks the I D I O T is the one that thinks the traveling public doesn't decide which markets get or lose service. You probably thought you were getting free medical care too.

Management follows the money - the money that comes from the traveling public.

Xjet, Eagle and RAH are all going the way of Comair.

LMAO, yeah, if all three of us go the way of Comair, that would eliminate half of the regional industry. Leaving WHO to do all of that flying? GoJets and Mesa cannot find enough pilots to do what flying is tossed their way in the first place. I seriously doubt any pilots at the big three regionals would be desperate enough to go to GoJets or Mesa. I love flying, but I'll find another career before I get desperate enough to start at the bottom of those two. Unemployment pays far more than first year FO pay in the regionals.

To a certain extent yes, there has to be someone to do the flying. However, how much of that flying actually stays if the regionals go away? If you took a snapshot of all regional feed done for the majors in the US, a good chunk of that could be considered expendable and not worth the effort. It boils down to if someone is willing to take on another career outside of aviation if the trend goes this way. I seriously doubt the executives are shocked at all. Honestly, I think they are more shocked they were able to squeeze pilots for as long as they did. Now comes the true breaking point....which side breaks first?

We are not holding-out. We are holding-on.

I'll make it easy for XJT management. Best of current book of both contracts (ASA and L/XJT) becomes the joint contract, plus 5% accross the board.

No way do the major airlines start pulling out of second tier markets simply because they don't want to pay their regional pilots a livable wage.
First, the public would cry foul as would Congress. The backlash would be epic.

Second, these guys enjoy being big. They love saying they work for the world's _____ airline. Start drawing back profitable routes simply because the margins a little tighter and to spite those uppity regional pilots... doesn't fit the mold.

This is fear mongering at its highest. They have successfully brainwashed you into believing a fairytale.

Maybe the majors selectively start to reduce frequencies but operate the same capacity with bigger aircraft. DAL just announced 717s will be serving Abeline - I never thought that aircraft would be used on that route. I also heard a rumor from a good source at DAL that they are looking at the Bombardier C-Series (probably the bigger CS300) as well for the 120-130 seat market - bigger than the 717 and smaller than the 737NG. Probably would be a few years before any C-Series would be ordered - it needs to finish its delayed test flying first.

If the regionals become more and more unreliable due to pilot shortages and related issues, who knows - maybe the legacies will look for ways to reduce risk by taking back some of the flying with the same capacity but reduced frequencies... Who knows?

Last edited:
Maybe the majors selectively start to reduce frequencies but operate the same capacity with bigger aircraft. DAL just announced 717s will be serving Abeline - I never thought that aircraft would be used on that route. I also heard a rumor from a good source at DAL that they are looking at the Bombardier C-Series (probably the bigger CS300) as well for the 120-130 seat market - bigger than the 717 and smaller than the 737NG. Probably would be a few years before any C-Series would be ordered - it needs to finish its delayed test flying first.

If the regionals become more and more unreliable due to pilot shortages and related issues, who knows - maybe the legacies will look for ways to reduce risk by taking back some of the flying with the same capacity but reduced frequencies... Who knows?

Wow, this statement sure rings a bell...Like someone who hasn't been around for a while

Wow, this statement sure rings a bell...Like someone who hasn't been around for a while

Whatever dude. I ain't your man crush. You sound heart broken that your boyfriend GL dumped your a$$ and departed. I won't play your baiting game and I couldn't care less what you have to say.

Latest resources

Back