• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH Official Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Currently, express carriers perform 55% of ual domestic feed, how can that be replaced quickly ? Think about the numbers before posting gl type rhetoric.
I'm sure management has some type of plan but they sure are running out of options faster than they can staff their feed (remember hub and spoke)! Without feed from bfe how can you fill the 777 to lhr, rail ?

That is the whole point, how much of that feed would need replaced? As I have stated before, the whole reason regionals even exist is because the majors don't want to tinker with small things like running 800 round trips a day between MKE-ORD with small airplanes. I know regional guys have this thought that the majors could not make it without regional feed, which I think is hogwash.

So what's the solution, rail ?
800 x 50 = 4000 pax !
That's a lot of feed, (hub & spoke) .
You think main line doesn't care ?
Again, do the math, then comment and not just gl type rhetoric.

Last edited:
Does every little turd town in the middle of nowhere really need 5 or more RJ flights a day? 90% of Americas population lives within a 2 hour drive of a real airport. If you have to fly that badly, make the ********************ing drive.

So what's the solution, rail ?

Solution is up to the traveling public on how they want to get to an airport that offers the service they wish to pay for.

Solution is up to the traveling public on how they want to get to an airport that offers the service they wish to pay for.

Last I knew, the public doesn't decide what markets get or lose service.
You are an I D I O T , case closed.

Last I knew, the public doesn't decide what markets get or lose service.
You are an I D I O T , case closed.

No they don't, so that is why it would be up to them to get where they need. Look, I know you have some serious emotional scarring for being GL's little b*tch for so long, but can you have a discussion on this without being a horse's ass?

That is the whole point, how much of that feed would need replaced? As I have stated before, the whole reason regionals even exist is because the majors don't want to tinker with small things like running 800 round trips a day between MKE-ORD with small airplanes. I know regional guys have this thought that the majors could not make it without regional feed, which I think is hogwash.

I don't think they care, hence you're seeing a burn the house down type of voting behavior. Regional guys are mostly in their 20s and early 30s. A regional job/career can be replaced; most of them are still young enough to trash the airlines. They aren't legacy pilots in their 50s on their last legs. Regional pilots already have the basic ingredients to get into other careers that pay better with retirements.

And for those that stay, they can just side step over to another regional if they choose to. Remember who help start this regional business; the old guard caretakers of aviation, more like caretakers for themselves; The mighty legacy pilots and alpa. Now, it will be the regional pilots that tear it down.

Last edited:
No way do the major airlines start pulling out of second tier markets simply because they don't want to pay their regional pilots a livable wage.
First, the public would cry foul as would Congress. The backlash would be epic.

Second, these guys enjoy being big. They love saying they work for the world's _____ airline. Start drawing back profitable routes simply because the margins a little tighter and to spite those uppity regional pilots... doesn't fit the mold.

This is fear mongering at its highest. They have successfully brainwashed you into believing a fairytale.

The bottom line is the Major Airline's want to use the Regionals to help fund management bonuses plus Dougie Parker needs to find a revenue source to fund the American Mainline Pilots pay while still be cost competitive and still offering competitive ticket prices.
How does he do this?? Ask for concessions for the Regional Pilots and keep there pay low.

Regional pilots have finally said, "Homey don't play dat!"

Xjet, Eagle and RAH are all going the way of Comair.

Latest resources

Back