• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH Official Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good Heavens, another pilot group doesn't want to work for free! Another strong and solid pilot group emerges. The Eagle-Republic-XJT coalition is born. Let's call for all MECs to begin direct communications with each other immediately (officially or unofficially). Let's set forth minimum standards for any contract. American, Delta, and United pilot groups are compensated well. We should be also. We do the same job with the same passengers.

Good Heavens, another pilot group doesn't want to work for free! Another strong and solid pilot group emerges. The Eagle-Republic-XJT coalition is born. Let's call for all MECs to begin direct communications with each other immediately (officially or unofficially). Let's set forth minimum standards for any contract. American, Delta, and United pilot groups are compensated well. We should be also. We do the same job with the same passengers.

Good luck with that, let me know how it turns out.

Good luck with that, let me know how it turns out.

10,000 pilots and probably growing. It's a start. This is how the airlines managers union has been taking advantage, a.k.a. the regional airline association. These are the unintended consequences of the atp requirements and part 117. I don't think the faa really intended for this. But, they did it. Pilots don't have control of their licensing like doctors do. That's why there has traditionally been more of us, than good paying jobs. It's a start.

Last edited:
10,000 pilots and probably growing. It's a start. This is how the airlines managers union has been taking advantage, a.k.a. the regional airline association. These are the unintended consequences of the atp requirements and part 117. I don't think the faa really intended for this. But, they did. Pilots don't have control of their licensing like doctors do. That's why there has traditionally been more of us, than good paying jobs. It's a start.

Unfortunate for the regional industry, the big boys hold all the cards. Let's face it, regional pilots are a massive thorn in the side to guys who fly for the majors. You don't think they would like to see the regional sector shrink and shrivel away? As some see all of these contract vote downs as a cry for victory, it also could be the start of some bad times ahead for the regional industry as a whole. Something to think about...

Unfortunate for the regional industry, the big boys hold all the cards. Let's face it, regional pilots are a massive thorn in the side to guys who fly for the majors. You don't think they would like to see the regional sector shrink and shrivel away? As some see all of these contract vote downs as a cry for victory, it also could be the start of some bad times ahead for the regional industry as a whole. Something to think about...

Sure like shifting that flying over to the major partners. Could be short-term pain, for long-term rewards. The cold war wasn't won in a day. It took a while. There were setbacks and victories big and small. In the end, we prevailed.

Sure like shifting that flying over to the major partners. Could be short-term pain, for long-term rewards. The cold war wasn't won in a day. It took a while. There were setbacks and victories big and small. In the end, we prevailed.

Oh you bet, the majors want all the flying the regional's do....There is a reason why regional's exist, and it is because the majors in the grand scheme of things have bigger fish to fry.

Oh you bet, the majors want all the flying the regional's do....There is a reason why regional's exist, and it is because the majors in the grand scheme of things have bigger fish to fry.

I never claimed they do, or will. The regionals will probably shrink, because the network carriers wont be able to service smaller markets. It's just a point of professionals not giving away their services for free.

I never claimed they do, or will. The regionals will probably shrink, because the network carriers wont be able to service smaller markets. It's just a point of professionals not giving away their services for free.

Oh I understand completely where you are coming from. The system is way beyond messed up, and will continue to be that way. Massive shrinkage will happen sooner than later.

Latest resources

Back