Question for Skywest pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

00Dog

I'm currently flying VFR 135 and my goal is to end up at Skywest. Is it realistic to get hired by Skywest coming from this type of background or is it more likely that I'd have to put in some time flying IFR 135 first? What kind of flying have most of you guys done prior to getting on with Skywest? Thanks.

my $.02 worth.....

i was flight instructing before i got on, and i know of a bunch of other ex-instructer's here as well. we have a pretty diverse group here...... although we do seem to have more ex-rotorheads than most (skywest counts rotor time). i'd say the more IFR time you can get, the better. i had a friend who had around 1,000 hours of king-air time flying jumpers..... and he had maybe 60 hours IFR. almost all of his flying was VFR. he had a hell of a time gettin' hired because of it. (are min's are 100 hours of IFR).
as you well know.... all we do here is IFR. best of luck! -sr.

00Dog
Eventualy when you get the min.time you will be IFR 135 qualified, you are in the right track!! Keep flying.
Good Luck

I'm currently flying VFR 135 and my goal is to end up at Skywest. Is it realistic to get hired by Skywest coming from this type of background or is it more likely that I'd have to put in some time flying IFR 135 first? .

Yes, as long as you can fly a chandelle.

Latest resources

Back