Question for Dornier Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

Hey guys/gals, I've seen the Dornier Jet and turbo prop refered to as Doinker, etc. Is this just a name that sounds funny or is this because the plane has some draw backs. I thought it was suppose to be a pretty good airplane with good performance , but am I mistaken ?

I have heard that one too but I prefer to call them either DorkJets or DorkProps

:D

You'll find that each airplane picks up a slang nickname as the course of time progresses. Saab340 aka Slob or Saabomatic or scootertrash.

A Dorkjet friend at ACA says it's a great airplane- flight deck wise, carries a lot of payload, climbs like a SOB out of Dodge, but top speed is SLOW for a jet.

Same thing for the prop version. Same flight deck as the jet with a few exceptions. (Condition levers, spoilers,etc etc). Good payload, quiet for a prop, (no headsets) and climbs like a home sick angel if your fairly light and fast. Im not sure what the jet true's at but the prop is anywhere from 320 to 340.
I think all airplanes have nicknames. The best one I heard was someone referring to a ERJ as a "jungle-weed".

Fly safe guys and gals.

The service ceiling for the prop is FL310. Does anyone know what it is for the jet? Just curious.

Just curious what the Avro's like in comparison to a CRJ. Are they both about the same performance wise?
I think that Avro's a nifty lookin plane.

At ACA we sometime call our little beast the POCkET ROCKET!!!!

For climb not speed.

If your light it is no problem to see 6000fpm without passenger discomfort. Avg is about 4500fpm.

.64/290 kt cruise. Best TAS I have ever seen was 398ktas.

It's a real blast to fly!

Latest resources

Back