• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for CRJ pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, the handle is there for a reason: To be used when necessary! Now stop crying!

Why, after years flying the darned thing do you continue to use the flight SPOILERS to slow the airplane? I'm getting a little tired of seeing it, frankly. I guess they didn't teach the difference between a speedBRAKE and spolier at ATP or Riddle Diddle. Yet you all think you're da bomb.

Flame away, hosers.

Your type really get on my nerve. Let me guess you're one of those guys that cringes every time someone uses ROGER on the radio?

Why, after years flying the darned thing do you continue to use the flight SPOILERS to slow the airplane? I'm getting a little tired of seeing it, frankly. I guess they didn't teach the difference between a speedBRAKE and spolier at ATP or Riddle Diddle. Yet you all think you're da bomb.

Flame away, hosers.

Linky

Your at 250 knots, 10,000 feet. ATC tells you to decent to 4000 feet. And slow to 170. By the time you chop the power wait till you get to 200 knots for flaps, you are now exiting their airspace. In order to comply with ATC you sometimes have no choice.

Not speaking for everybody, but I personally use the spoilers so that I can extend my time aloft, thereby clogging up the airspace with at least one additional RJ for a little bit longer. I've heard the heavy drivers really like it when they get 10/28 because there is a long line of RJ's set up on the inboard here in Atlanta...

Latest resources

Back