Question about MD-80 PC Simulator

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fltcrew

Anyone out there know what Company makes a PC type MD-80 simulator? I know there IS one because I've flown it years ago. I don't recall the name.

Also, Have any of you seen this type available for use at any flight school. I'm interested in one that has (Yoke, Power Quadrant, etc.) for practice.

Thanks in advance for any responces.

MD-80 simulator

I imagine that you are thinking of the MD-80 addon that used to be available for the "Elite flight simulator" software.

http://www.flyelite.com/index2.html

Although the company is about to release version 7, I beleive that the MD-80 is no longer available either standalone or as an add-on.

With that said, I imagine there is a vendor somewhere that has some of the older versions still for sale but the MD-80 addon was around $600-700!
:D

Last edited:
Hi!

I don't know about an MD-80 PC sim, but I have a better idea!

There's an MD-80 (or -88) sim in STL, at the Pan Am simulator facility in Earth City. Midwest Express used it, so I'm sure there's a lot of open time. It's a Class "C" sim I believe, so you can fly it and jump right into the airplane with passengers without having to fly the actual airplane first.

Remember, though, when you cross that catwalk into the motion bay, all of your brains flow out of your head and onto the simulator facility floor. You can pick them up again after you leave the sim!

Have fun!

Cliff
GB,WI

Latest resources

Back