Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy321

Hey guys,

I am looking pretty hard at signing on with a local AF Res. Hurc unit, But My wife and I are both from another state where the local (guard) unit flies KC-135s and I was wondering if it is possible to move from a Reserve unit to a Guard unit, and how hard it is to do. Ideally somewhere down the road, we could move home and not have to comute across the country for drill.

Also, I have gotten the impression this sort of thing is frowned upon by the guys who sent you to UPT. How bad am I going to piss these guys off if I wanted to move?

Thanks in advance

flyboy

Piss off?

You probably will piss them off somewhat if you try to go back home within a couple of years of graduating UPT. You may have to wait awhile to transfer, unless you don't mind upsetting some of them. Just remember, take care of your family first!

Tell the Herc unit of your intentions sooner vs later. They may be able to work a deal and trade UPT slots with the 135 unit. Did you apply for the 135 spot? If so, your main selling point is your wish to reside in the same city as the base.

Latest resources

Back