Question about being furloughed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SDdriver

Can someone give me an answer to this situation?

You got furloughed from a company and sat on furlough for approx 7 months. You get recalled because a new run in the company opens up, Your company works on a senority bid basis,

Question,

Since you are on furlough and displaced, does the company have to give you first opportunity at the new open base? Even over people that are more senior? Or does the normal bid process run and what is left over you get? I am asking because I have heard it both ways and I want to know which is the legel way.

By the way you are the only person being recalled at this time.

Thanks.

Seniority and bidding

I'd say it all turns on your number. You can bid anything, but you'll get the best that your seniority can hold. The more senior people would have or should have been recalled before you were.

To bobbysamd: All others were already recalled.

Skydiverdriver: No contract.

I am just curious if I legelly get first dibbs on the new run or if it just goes as usual and the more senior captains can bid first and I get whats left over.

I have been told that since I am displaced that no matter what I get the first thing avaliable. Just curious if that is true.

Then it'd be up to the Company, right? Without a contract you are at their mercy. There are no federal laws that could help you here.

:confused:

I agree. The company can do whatever they see fit to do. With no contract, there is little recourse for you. The "right" thing to do with a seniority system, IMO, is to offer the position in seniority order..and whatever falls to you falls to you. Wouldn't you agree what would be the fair thing?

I am curious as to just what you mean by "displaced". Displaced and furloughed usually mean two different things.

Thanks for all of the replys guys. I figured it would be that way, but I wanted to make sure and cover all my bases.

Latest resources

Back