Que for experienced crj pilots/IP's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mickey757

Question for anyone that has experience in either the CRJ-vs-CL604, is there a great differance between the two aircraft?
Will a system training program meant for the CRJ200/700 be of any use to me on the CL604?
I am planning on purchasing such a program that is only available for the CRJ version of the aircraft,and was wondering if any one could give me advise as to it's compatability?
Thanks for any info.:confused:

Good question. I think you might be hard pressed to find someone who has flown both types, as they are near the same level in the industry. Perhaps someone who flew for a regional, then went corporate. The CRJ is basically a stretched version of the 604, but I don't know what the differences are. Perhaps you should write or call Bombardier.

As a general rule though, I wouldn't study any gouge about the airplane you are going to, unless it's provided by the operator you are going to work for. There are so many differences in aircraft of the same type, muchless ones of different types. I even had the memory items in my 121 class change twice while I was in training! Best to wait and get the real thing when they hand it to you. Stick with studying the basics, in other words, the stuff they will expect you to know before you get to class. Good luck to you.

Thank you Sir.
I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my question. I understand what you are saying about studying "gouges" for different a/c but, I suppose that the basic systems ( i.e, Hyd, Elec,etc; ) should be the same on such an a/c.
However your point is an excelent one , and I appreciate your pointing it out to me.

Thanks,
Regards Mickey

:D :D

Mickey757 said:
Question for anyone that has experience in either the CRJ-vs-CL604, is there a great differance between the two aircraft?
Will a system training program meant for the CRJ200/700 be of any use to me on the CL604?
I am planning on purchasing such a program that is only available for the CRJ version of the aircraft,and was wondering if any one could give me advise as to it's compatability?
Thanks for any info.:confused:

Mickey,
One of my classmates from MIDWAY got a job with FLEXJET shortly after we were furloughed in August. He is flying a 604 out of FLL, and according to what he has told me, there is very little difference other than the size and weights of the airplanes between the 604 and the CRJ. Hope this helps.:eek: :eek:

You hit the nail on the head!

Saber60,

Bingo! thanks for your inputs, Thats exactly where I'm headed.
Just got the job offer on Tues, and was assigned to the CL604. (nice ride) Anyway all the info that is available for systems study is for the RJ version of the a/c, And i wasen't sure how they differd.

I'll see your buddy at FLL, as thats also where I'll be based!

Thanks again
Regards Mickey ;) :p

Latest resources

Back