• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why on earth would you want to work for a foreign carrier and live there and hope or want it to resemble the US of A???

Go back to UAL and fly domestic.

I have no interest in going to the Middle East. I was merely saying that if I were interested, Emirates would likely be my choice - although Etihad could be a close second. I don't like the autocratic control those governments have over their airlines. Pilots have very few rights - and that is not surprising in that part of the world.

With regard to returning to United - I have passed on that opportunity. Not interested. UAL has no clear plan of action and I like my Global gig too much. My 121 experience was also boring and unfulfilling. To each his own I guess...

I'd trust Golden Falcon before I'd trust pprune. In fact, I'd trust most anything I heard before pprune. TC

The "observations" on Pprune represent about 5% of the pilots and 100% of the bitchers and whiners...but the middle east is great if you need a job, but not worth leaving a career back home for...

My girlfriend worked as a translator for Qatar airlines. She doesn't have bad stuff to say about the airline, but life in Qatar was hard for her. They're not exactly progressive...

Being male, your experience will differ for sure, but she told me stories that made me think it may not be a really safe place for Americans right now.

Downtown USA is more dangerous than any country here in the Gulf

About 3000 hours total with some of that being on the 727 should get you a interview with Gulf Air or Qatar.. Etihad or Emirates you will need 4000+

Latest resources

Back